email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email blocked?

Talkingalot
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

My email seems to work perfectly - except for communications with eonnext.

I'm trying to set a password to log onto their website. I enter my email address, which seems to be recognised (green tick appears), and then click on the 'send email' button which should result in Eon sending me an email with login details. But it never arrives! (And, yes, I've checked for it in my 'Junk' folder.)

I've tried different browsers, different computers, and my mobile, but no email.

I called the Eon help line, and they confirmed that multiple email requests had been received, and multiple emails were sent out. But none have arrived! They suggested it must be being blocked by my ISP.

Is that possible? I can't find any evidence of filters, or options to block individual sites. Is there a talktalk 'blacklist' that may be blocking these emails?

Ken
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 18

OK. Got it!

Thanks for the clarification.

Ken

Message 3 of 18

If you click on the little blue reply button on a previous post, it will show the reply as being to that specific person's comment, @Talkingalot, as I have done here.

The big reply button at the bottom of the page just adds your comment to those of the whole thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 18

Thanks for your comment Gliwmaeden2.
I thought I had simply replied to the thread. Maybe I had a 'senior moment' and clicked the wrong button!
On my screen there is a large 'Reply' button at the bottom of the page, and individual reply arrows in a blue circle after each post. Do they both serve the same 'reply' function?

Ken
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 18

@Talkingalot, you need to always reply to the thread (or PM  if asked).

Email notifications are NO REPLY only, so nobody gets them!

😊 Glad to hear that the problem was solved!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 18

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your message, but the problem is now resolved. I did post a message (09/08/21), advising that the problem was resolved – and thanking you and Gondola for your help – but that seems to have disappeared!

Essentially, I got back to Eon and told them it did not seem to be an ISP problem as they initially suggested. They then, very quickly, resolved the problem by “….changing something at their end….!!” So everything now works as it should.

Thanks again for your help. I don’t understand what happened to my last message (a different problem?). I’ll post this AND email it to be sure.

Ken

Message 7 of 18

Hi Talkingalot, I can ask the team to take a look at this for you. I need you to add the sender address, your receiving address and the time and date a few were sent.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 18

Hi Ady

There's no additional help I can offer in this case. There's no filter rule defined so mail that's actually being sent should arrive in the Inbox unless CloudMark is intercepting for whatever reason.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 18

Hi Talkingalot, I'll leave you in the safe hands of Gondola. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Talkingalot
Team Player
Message 10 of 18

Yes, I presume the personal email from their help desk came from *******@eonnext.com, but since I never received it, I can't be sure. I also assume there was no error message, as we were on the line a long time and he repeatedly asked me if it had arrived yet!

However, one thing I've not previously mentioned to you: My attempt to log in was triggered by an email I DID receive from Eon. This was about a week earlier, and it came from hi@m.eonnext.com to remind me that my fixed term deal was about to end. I've also received regular emails prior to that to advise me of my account balance. I don't know the address they came from as I've since deleted them.

Ken
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

OK, I'll assume that all their personal emails come from first.last@eonnext.com and that none get to you. Do they get a bounceback error message to say why the mail wasn't delivered? There should be a TT error code and description.

You sent an email to first.last@eonnext.com which because it's a deliverable valid address would be delivered. But the person receiving says not.

TalkTalk will need to take a look. I don't see any obvious reason for mail not to flow both ways.

Talkingalot
Team Player
Message 12 of 18

Hi Gondola,

While on the Eon help line I sent myself an email, which worked perfectly. I also sent an email directly to the person on the line, which did not arrive, though I received no error message, and the mail still resides in my 'sent' folder.

The Eon person also sent me an email directly, after confirming my email address over the phone. This did NOT arrive at my inbox (or anywhere else)..

Ken
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I'm confident that your mailbox is not blocking or diverting mail from Eon. 

Did I understand correctly that when you were on the help line with Eon (talking to rr) you arranged an Eon email to your address and it arrived?

Talkingalot
Team Player
Message 14 of 18

Hi Gondola,

Thanks again for your response.

The email I sent to myself is still in my inbox. I've sent and received multiple emails daily without any issues - except for the Eon problem. I'm pretty certain that nothing has been disappearing from my inbox. Also, the problem persists over different devices (Laptop, Windows desktop, Linux desktop, Smartphone), so it's highly unlikely that some rogue app is moving/deleting it on every device.

Reading between the lines, it seems you think the problem is with Eon, as I initially suspected? Probably I need to call them again to try and resolve the problem - or change my energy supplier!

Ken
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

@Talkingalot wrote:..I checked for filters and 'There is no rule defined'

Perfect result. That definitely means there's nothing at all set up in your mailbox to stop mail from arriving in the Inbox.

@Talkingalot wrote:...I've checked all spam and trash folders, and there is nothing there.

Another perfect result.

@Talkingalot wrote:...while on the Eon help line, I sent myself an email, which arrived perfectly.

If you mean that you received that mail message in your Inbox that's another perfect result.  As long as that message stays in the Inbox you're good. If it disappears then that means something is deleting the message, probably after downloading it. If it's not one of your devices or mail collection services under your control that's doing the deletion then changing the mailbox password will lock out whatever or whoever is downloading and deleting.

Changing your email password

@Talkingalot wrote:...I also sent an email direct to the person on the help line (*********<@eonnext.com) which did NOT arrive, but I received no error message, and it is listed as normal in my 'sent' folder.

I've checked that email address and it is a valid deliverable address. So, you'd assume that there would not be a bounceback error message and mail would be delivered as normal. But that's as far as I can tell because I have no way of knowing what the user 'rr' has got set up for inbound mail messages.

Talkingalot
Team Player
Message 16 of 18
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I checked for filters and 'There is no rule defined'
I've checked all spam and trash folders, and there is nothing there.
I'm unsure what you mean by "Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message". I don't know the mailbox the email should have come from. However, while on the Eon help line, I sent myself an email, which arrived perfectly. I also sent an email direct to the person on the help line (*********@eonnext.com) which did NOT arrive, but I received no error message, and it is listed as normal in my 'sent' folder.

Ken
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi Talkingalot 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Eonnext.com appears to use the google mail servers. I don't see anything amiss.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind these folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if your self sent mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox or if you found any Filter rule or were Auto forwarding mail.