email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email has been hacked

gilluns
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My email has been hacked and I have been receiving threatening emails from this hacker demanding money and saying they have explicit videos of me (which is totally untrue). I have not responded to any of the emails and did report the phishing. I have now had to change my password again today because they changed it over night. I really need help with getting rid of these scammers. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi gilluns, I replied to your other thread. To add to my post in there make sure once you've scanned all devices that you reset your password and the password reset tool details. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gilluns
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Hi everyone,  My email account keeps receiving a message saying "I hacked your email and computer 2 months ago" they are demanding money and saying they have explicit videos of me (which is totally untrue). I have changed my password numerous times but they keep getting access and change it again. I have a 2 tier authorisation on my account but they have managed to bypass this. I have reported this to talktalk spam and phishing but have not had any response. They changed my password again today AGAIN!!  PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

Hi gilluns 

Best to scan your email devices to check and remove any password grabbing virus, trojan or other malware before upgrading the password to be ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Just in case you'd downloaded a password spy.

If your mailbox was compromised then also check there is no unauthorised auto forward or filter rule spying on your mail messages. 

Once a scammer has discovered your email address then you'll need to be on guard for similar emails.

These blackmail emails often just pretend to have accessed your device. That claim is as fake as their blackmail attempt. 

Report the email to TalkTalk. Don't respond to it in any way.  Mark the email as spam from the TalkTalk Mail toolbar. 

Report a phishing or spam email

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi gilluns, first job as you've changed the password already is to make sure you've got a good virus checker and malware checker and run it on all devices that access the internet. That will ensure that there's no trojan picking up the new information when you make the changes. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes