email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email login is disabled due to an issue with the account

zoecanflyy359
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have been unable to access my email for some time with no idea how the reacces it. I have changed my password multiple times and even been on to MyAccount but nothing seems to have worked for me. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi zoecanflyy359, I've changed the status of your mailbox for you. Please retest and let me know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi zoecanflyy359

The TalkTalk Community Team will be able to unsuspend and check out an email account so long as it hasn't gone beyond suspended to deleted.

Just ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address in Private notes and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the email account to check it out.

You should get a reply here from an OCE tomorrow.  If the OCE needs more information you'll be advised.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I've gone into the managing webmail section and changed the password but I am stil unabletoget into my account so it may be that it is suspended, so how do I get it unsuspended?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @zoecanflyy359

Here's the answer to an account being disabled. It's normally due to the account being compromised. But if the account has been suspended because of non-use for 180 days then it needs to be unsuspended first.

Normally, you should be able to change the password and re-secure the account. Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.  Remember to change the password stored on all of your devices whether that's stored in a browser or in an email app.

But if your devices have malware like keyloggers that are capturing new passwords as soon as you key them in then the compromise continues. So, scan all devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software just to give you confidence that you're starting with clean devices before changing passwords.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address in Private notes and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the email account to check it out.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes