email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email password compromised

Peter7771
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

I have a legacy onetel account and the password has been compromised.  I need to change the password urgently before I go away on holiday. 

I use this email for multiple accounts including banking accounts. 

I continued to use it because of the fact that it is so difficult to change the password!!! 

However, after it has been compromised, I'm completely vulnerable to major fraud and I need to change it desperately. 

Please can someone assist.  Thanks.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Peter7771, I'm still waiting for a date and time from you for my colleagues to call you. I PM'd you last Wednesday at 13:50:

"PrivateRe: Password Reset

Hi Peter7771, my colleagues have called 3 times on your landline and mobile numbers to provide the new password. They've also left voicemail messages.  I don't know what more we can do.

If you have a specific time and day that you'll be in and will definitely pick up the call I can ask them to call again. "

If you can let me have a window of time when the team can make their 4th attempt I'll ask them to call. 

I'm afraid I can't do anything about the calls you're not getting from the frontline teams. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Please see my reply to your other post,  @Peter7771:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/TalkTalk-For-Everyone-except-OneTel-customers/m-p/...

It wasn't quite clear there what the issue was! You are right - very worrying not being able to change that password.  At the moment you simply can't get staff help over the weekend from the forum,  though there might be a possibility through Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 16

I'm still waiting for a call back please?  Why has this taken so long (about three weeks and counting).  I'm back from abroad now so you can call me on either my home phone or my mobile.  Thanks for leaving messages on my home phone while I was abroad.  I would have answered these if I hadn't been abroad at the time.  No need to get the hump about this: I did tell you that I was going.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Mark, please start a new thread and I'll be able to help you. There's no need to make a call you can do it all online once the Onetel mailboxes are migrated across. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 16

you're in deed correct about the customer service side.. I changed over to Virgin Media several years ago.. not brilliant - but certainly efficient, and you can get things done...

I have just been on the phone to TT.. offering the £5 a month to sign up to 'Mail-plus'.. after about 10 mins on hold - they came back to say that unless my email address was on a the list (tiscali.. etc etc) that I was unable to join.. Onetel wasn't on the list so the agent actually said that I was unable to join ! 

I am still able to get my mail on their 'mail zone' web page.. inconvenient and clunky, like taking a step back into the 1980s..! 

No solution offered - except that I think if I manage to change my password to something compliant with the TT system - my Mail APP will work...

They problem is - that when I try to reset my password - the TT system wont recognise my email address.. so it rejects the request ! 

Not sure what to do - other than leave ! - I guess this is TT's end game anyway..

atb

Mark

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

I will be happy to pay £5 a month just to be able to access my emails so that I can change everything I have accumulated over the past 20 years from my OneTel account over to another account (I already have two paid email accounts so I'm not paying for a third one).  

I imagine this will be a mammoth task.

However, I have the satisfaction of knowing that my negative post on TrustPilot will cost Talktalk about £365,000.00 in lost income (by my reckoning).

I used to be a Talktalk customer but I left due to the absolutely dire customer service.  

To tell you the truth, I've received several marketing letters from Talktalk and I was considering changing to Talktalk broadband.  After all, I assumed that their customer support must be better by now.

However, I now know just how dire their customer support still is.  They have given scant regard for the existing Onetel users.  

I still do not know how to set up an account to access my emails.

I am currently abroad and have received important documents in relation to my trip that  I am unable to access.

I will be transferring all my accounts, etc away from Onetel and hope that I never hear the word Talktalk ever again.  

Please can someone explain how to set this up for those of us who are not existing Talktalk customers?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi again.

I've just discovered that the carrier I've been connected to has not been connecting my calls and they have been going straight to voice mail.  I've now solved this issue, so if someone from Talktalk technical support could call me again, we could now resolve the issue.

I have tried contacting the Technical support group, but it is getting expensive to be left on hold all day at 10p per minute without getting through.

I can't go online to resolve this because I don't have a Talktalk account so there seems to be no way to do this.

I'm available right now with absolutely no waiting time.

As you can imagine, this is all proving extremely frustrating.  Although I have used Talktalk in the past, I am beginning to question whether this is the type of service that I'm looking for in the future.

Please would you try calling me again?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Please can someone respond, I am out of the UK now and have intermittent internet access.  Do not call me on my home phone.  You can call me on my mobile.  Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

It has been 9 days now since I reported this, and it appears that my password has been reset as of yesterday.

Unfortunately, no one has advised me as to how I get hold of, or set the new password, so I can't read any of my emails.

Please can someone help?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Peter7771,

I've sent you a PM requesting further information 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Chris,

I don't have a Talktalk account, so I cannot send you the details that you have requested via a Talktalk account.  

If I had a Talktalk account, I would be able to change the password online myself.

I have a legacy Onetel email address for which I would like to change the password.  The password had been compromised and someone else is reading my emails.  I can tell because they are marked as read before I get to them.

They are being read by someone who is outside the UK time zone.  I assume from the times that they are being read that it is someone in Russian or Indian time zones.

Presumably they are waiting for an opportune moment to synchronise a concerted attack against multiple accounts.  To do this, they will need to have access to my email account so that they can change password accounts simultaneously.  They also have my mobile number so they can clone this on a suitable device.

You will therefore appreciate the urgency of my request and will no doubt want to expediate this prior to the attack taking place.  

I trust that you will respond as a matter of urgency.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Peter7771,

I've sent you a PM with some security questions

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Peter7771,

I'll just need to get PM's enabled for you then I'll get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Gondola,

Thank you so much for your help.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Peter7771 

Just acknowledging your request and confirming it's escalated to the TalkTalk Community Team to authorise a password change for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

When the onetel mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up password recovery Reset Details for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution