email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email pasword

Martpad
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

My main email address (mailbox) seems to have been unlinked from account. 

The email password that I use is no longer recognized.

When I go into my account to change the password it says the password is incorrect.

I cannot use the 'Forgotten Password' link, since the system wants to send the reset to the email address that I can't access.

My account login has been changed today 10/07/2021, by TalkTalk, since they tell me I can no longer access my account with an email address with a TalkTalk domain. I now access My Account using my Google email address.

My previous account and main email used the same password.

It seems that to be that the email password has been deleted by TalkTalk.

I surmise, that email mail box needs to linked once more to my account! Since I can't access my main email, I'm not sure how I'll retrieve answers.

Help please!

Martin Padley
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

Thanks ever so! This link works and I now have emails - delighted.

Cheers Again

Martin Padley

Message 3 of 11

Thanks all sorted now. I'll sift my emails for the rest of the morning. Have a good day!

Martin Padley

Message 4 of 11

Yeah my apologies I'd move 1 step further before copying the link. 

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailindex

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 11

The email password recovery options should be at: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailindex

Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and hopefully you should see password recovery options. If not, let us know what error message you see.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Sorry to disturb again!

Could you tell me please, is there a means to escalate this case?

I’ve been without a mailbox since the 12th June.

Whilst initial contact with TalkTalk, after your referral was excellent, sad to say we seem to have stalled!

It’s now a week since I was promised: A message to alternate email, a message to my mobile, and weblink to the reset tool.

I’m told after a subsequent enquiry, that all of the above have been done. Yet I haven’t received any information regarding the resetting of my mail box.

Thank you for your time

Regards

PS this is the message I received today! However, this with a previous link appear to be DEAD! I've also reached the limit on private messages, so I'm unable to reply to Ady.

Not sure where you've been looking but if you go to https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/forgotdetails/index/webmailrecoveryoptions you should see all the options available to you. This is the standard Password Reset Tool link. 

Martin Padley
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Martpad, I can help we need to get some more information in order to look into your account. I've sent you a personal message to get that information.

Ady

Message 8 of 11

Just don't forget that you need to update and save your Community profile, Personal Information as previously advised.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks so much for your response. Can't tell you how relieved I am to think that I may get my mailbox functioning again. Thank you once again for your help. :-))

Martin Padley

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Martpad 

This appears to be the third instance of a TalkTalk Mail mailbox address being removed from a TalkTalk customer MyAccount so there's an underlying new issue that the MyAccount team need to fix or explain.  It's possible that email addresses having weak passwords or that have been compromised are being expunged from the system in order to protect the integrity of MyAccount.

Or perhaps, it's just the password that has been changed for security and the email address is still there in your MyAccount.

It is true that customers cannot register a new MyAccount using a TalkTalk Mail domain email address.  However, once a MyAccount is registered, a customer can create, or add an existing TalkTalk address, using the email password as the MyAccount login.  Because the email password unlocks access to MyAccount it is vital that the password is unique, never used anywhere else and is ultra-strong.

However, you need to know the password to add a TalkTalk domain address to your MyAccount.  If the password was weak or compromised and has been changed for security then you need password recovery. But as you haven't set up password recovery with an alternative email address and mobile 'phone number you will need TalkTalk Support to help you set up those Reset details.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your Reset details so you can send a password reset link to the alternate email or 6 digit code to the mobile to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, notes and linked postal address and 'phone number etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

A TalkTalk Support member will reply here from Monday onwards and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your current customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the password recovery Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

For extra security I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail