email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problem

MCHEF1
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

I am having problems logging into my talktalk email 

saying User is Deactivated ( Authorization - 0001 )

I have spoken to customer services and they have forwarded my problem to another team to look into the problem,

I have to wait for them to contact me  .

Has anyone experienced this type of problem before ? and how was it resolved ?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi MCHEF1, please verify your account so that I can send you the personal message to help you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi MCHEF1, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 8

The email address may still be linked to the previous password.

What is the email domain? 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, full-fibre customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

MCHEF1
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 8

I didn't get a green banner saying password successfully changed  

Logged into my talktalk account and the email address is registered 

tried again to log in with new password but is still coming through as user deactivated 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi MCHEF1 

The error message indicating User Deactivated is from the TalkTalk Mail platform. So, the problem is that the mailbox is not found on the platform. 

This appears to be at variance from the test outcomes. 

Did you get a green banner message to say your password was successfully changed?

You didn't say if you've checked that the email is listed in the customer  MyAccount > My Mailboxes.

MCHEF1
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your reply 

So I have followed the guidance on what you had suggested , 

Emailed from my 1st email account to the talktalk account , nothing came back to say failed to send to sender

then entered on Verifalia and that was all ok 

requested forgotten password on talktalk email and have reset a new password , but is still showing as Deactivated 

I am stuck ?? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi MCHEF1 

User deactivated usually means that the email address is deleted or suspended because of suspect activity. 

Mailboxes are flagged for deletion if the user doesn't sign in at least once every 180 days. The help page  Deleted Email error message explains more.

So first you'd check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the Reset password now button in the Help page  Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted or no domain error message or if you actually do have password recovery options saved.

Let us know the outcome in each case.

Let us know if you are a TalkTalk Consumer customer (home broadband or  MailPlus mail only subscription) and if you've checked that the email is listed in the customer  MyAccount > My Mailboxes.

Let us know if you're a full-fibre home broadband TalkTalk Consumer customer. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management.