email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

frank17
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

my email has suddenly stopped receiving emails from an group account for some reason, the owner of the account messaged me to ask why I had not replied to a question, he then sent the email again but again I did not receive it. How do I find out why? all my other communications seem to be O/K.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Frank

I've just tested the send of an aol.com email to a talktalk.net email address. The message was received without any delay. So, this would suggest there's no blocking by TalkTalk network filters for the aol.com domain.

I'd suggest you ask them to send a plain text message minus any links or image content that might get the email deferred for content scanning. This is just to troubleshoot the receipt of messages from the specific address. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

frank17
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

@aol.com

There are no filter rules applied.

Frank

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Domains?

Did you see the page saying there is no filter rule defined? Settings menu > Settings menu item > Filter rules ?

0 Likes

frank17
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Sorry for the delay replying to your request. I am using Thunderbird on a Linux mint installation - IMAP server,

there does not seem to be any filters, I received the last email on the 9th September and all seemed well, nothing to alert me to problems and I have been busy with the Power Suppliers situation so I actually forgot I was due another email!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi frank17 

What's the sending domain, the domain that the sender sends directly to and how do you normally collect your emails?

Have you checked in TalkTalk Mail webmail that there is no filter rule defined?