email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails disappear from inbox after 5 weeks

Laurie767
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

emails are disappearing from the inbox on my wife's webmail account after about 5 weeks.

I've been on technical help three times and they are useless - they don't even seem to understand the problem.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Laurie767, Gondola's advice is always good. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Laurie767 

The normal reason that mail messages disappear after a set time is that someone has set up a mail collection using a POP3 account to connect to the mailbox and is using a setting to leave messages on the server but delete those messages after a set number of days. The typical defaults are to delete after 14 days or 30 days. 5 weeks would be unusual but I'd guess delete after 30 days might be what we're looking at here.

The question is, has the account owner set up or changed a mail collection, using say Outlook or similar, and got the collecting account as a POP3 account with advanced settings set to leave messages on the server but to delete after 30 days? Or set up an archive of mail after 30 days?

If not the account owner then consider that the email password may have been compromised and should be changed to lock out any rogue or unauthorised mail collection. Scan her email devices for any potential virus or malware that might be capturing passwords.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take her to password reset and recovery. 

If she has set up password recovery options, in advance, that are recognised from the *****hints, then she can send the alternate email address a link or the mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know what the situation is regarding mail collection from her lineone account and if you / she needs more help with changing the password to secure the account so it can be tested just as a webmail account to prove that's working ok. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes