email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails in inbox automatically delete after 30 days

Laurie767
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

emails in the inbox are automatically deleting after 30 days. Gondola suggested changing password which I have done but without effect.

Also, in the Trash folder there is a heading stating Items in this folder will be automatically deleted after 30 days (although at the moment it only holds 7 days of deleted items). Could there be a similar setting on the Inbox ? If so, how can it be deactivated?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Laura767, thanks for taking the time to let Gondola know they'd helped you get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Hi Laurie767 

Thanks for the PM and just summarising the solution:

'Laurie767' wrote:... I deleted the account and reloaded it with a new password and the problem has not reoccurred. Thank you for your help

Grateful thanks for confirming the account is safeguarded and back under your control. Nice work.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

Hi Laurie767 

How are you getting on?

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. So if you would sign in to Community and reply to this topic that would be great. Thank you.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Laurie767 

Gondola here. The only folders that have contents flagged for deletion by the system after 30 days are the Spam and Trash folders.

There's no deletion by the system for the Inbox or any other folders.

Mail going missing after 30 days is symptomatic of an email client connecting to the mailbox having been set up to download mail, leave the mail on the server and then delete after 30 days.

A password change would lock out any rogue email clients so that might indicate that the email client that has the above settings is one in your control or your family members' control.

Screenshot the settings of the email client being used, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the camera icon (picture icon if it's a mobile browser). Then we can see what the user sees.

0 Likes