email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails stuck in outbox

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Hi, not sure if this is a TalkTalk problem, but a few days ago I noticed that there was 1 email stuck in my outbox, but when I looked there actually was nothing there.   I have no idea how to get rid of it, despite extensive researching on the web.  I have a Tiscali address and use Windows 10 Mail.

Strangely I do not have a junk folder within my Tiscali window  (there is nothing showing under 'folders' so cannot move to favourites or anything..  Probably this is a Microsoft thing, but if anyone has any ideas, they would be welcome.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I would only remove the mail account and readd it, not the mail client I hope I was clear with that suggestion. It would take you about 5 minutes. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Thank you again for trying to sort this.   Unfortunately I still have a phantom email showing in my outbox - this is on my Tiscali client account, Windows 10 Mail.   the email address I have for Outlook is clear.   Anyway, you suggest I remove and reinstall my Outlook account which should clear the issue.   At present I am not going to do that so will ignore it and hope for the best.  I don't think there is anything more you can do but thank you for trying.

If anyone out there has the same problem and has a different suggestion to clear the number showing, then I am welcome to hering from you, but otherwise I think we can close this thread.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I've reindexed your account and moved a sent item into drafts to see if that makes any difference at all. If those two things don't clear it, then I'd suggest you remove the account from Outlook and the add it back. That will definitely clear any anomolies. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for trying, but this has not worked.   The outbox still shows 1 message but there is  nothing actually there.

It is stuck somewhere but who knows what or where it is.  Perhaps someone on the forum has some ideas.   

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi GBy123, I've run a repair on your mailbox. Please let me know if that's cleared the problem for you. 

0 Likes