email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for the attention of the community team.

cedlor
Participant
Message 5 of 5

Hi - Love it to death!    I write asking if incoming mail is spam filtered and it is kicked into touch by a spam filter- how ironic is that?

Dont know what to do next as I dont know if the message means it is held and you can retrieve it or if I have to post it all again.

You've got mail!

Hey cedlor,

One of our amazing members has sent you a private message in the TalkTalk Community. To read your message in full click the subject title below.

Subject: Your post - 'Does TalkTalk(Tiscali ) do a spamcheck on incoming emails', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.
Date: 14-04-2019 06:47 PM

Your post - 'Does TalkTalk(Tiscali ) do a spamcheck on incoming emails', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.

Now for the boring stuff...

You can manage your private message options via your community profile. You can access your settings by clicking here.

Best wishes,
Stephen (your Community Manager)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

The community spam filters are quite aggressive at times. I'm working to get the spam filtering sorted for mail as since the migration it seems to be much less secure since the migration took place. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I get a lot of spam re Bitcoin  I am not going to say much more

as this is the third attempt to add a picture review the post and

send it.

The spam is usually images and links disguised by bitly goo.gl

ow.ly  I report them and also look at ways of stopping them.headertopheadertopmidmidbottombottom

The filter tool always wants to use the "from" which is usually

spoofed or bounced off.  I will get there in the end.

This one was a bit odd and so obviously spam I wondered how

on its tour of TT.TT.TT.Tiscali. Yahoo? Tiscali it was not stopped.

Annoyed that it made it through when, when I copied part of it on here

it was blocked&locked. 

The message wasnt a great help and I thought I might ask why the spam trap on here pulled it out and the email one didnt. I will try again to add pictures of the header to show what I am talking about.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi cedlor, all incoming and outgoing mail goes through our cloudmark filters. Millions of mails are rejected everyday. That doesn't mean you'll never get any spam only that we block the worst most identifiable spam. Are you having a particular problem that led you to ask?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

cedlor
Participant
Message 4 of 5

Hello

I am responding to this:

Subject: Your post - 'Does TalkTalk(Tiscali ) do a spamcheck on incoming emails', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.
Date: 14-04-2019 06:47 PM

Can anyone help ? or even say they are unable to help?

0 Likes