email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot the password for my lineone.net email account

ian Wilkinson
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi there 

I have been trying to access key lineone email account but i have forgotton the password. When i tray and reset it it doesn't recognise my lineone.net email address.

Could anyone help me with this please?

Kind regards

Ian

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

OK Ady.

Many thanks. I will reply to the email

Many thanks,

Ian.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

That's ok, I just have to ask for different information. 

I've sent you a personal message to get the necessary information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Ady.

No I'm sorry. I only have the LineOne email account.

Kind regards,

Ian.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Ian, do you have a TalkTalk account? I need to ask you for some security information  but that varies dependant on whether you've got an account or not.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @Gondola 

Many thanks for following this up for me. I understand it might not be recoverable but thanks for trying for me. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ian

Message 6 of 10

Hi Ian

The email address you posted earlier does not exist on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Email addresses / mailboxes are flagged for deletion if not used for more than 180 days. So, if you're sure about the email address then I would normally advise that the email address is gone and cannot be recovered or recreated.

However, the delivery system is responding with a TT514 error code indicating that although the mailbox is not active on the TalkTalk Mail platform it's possible that the email admins have locked it because of suspicious activity.  This means that there is a slim chance that it's possible to unlock it and get you access.

So, I've pushed a request in to the TalkTalk team to investigate for you. Hopefully, you'll receive an initial response here on Monday and a follow up to let you know what can be done. I don't guarantee the email address will be recovered but worth I try I think.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 10

Hi @Gondola 

Sorry

the reply for question 1 should have been

"The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again."

My mistake!

Best wishes

Ian.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi @Gondola 

Many thanks for replying to my message.

I have tried the things you suggested, and here is what I received back.

1. When you use the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password does a message appear indicating the address does not have a talktalk domain?

The email address or password entered is incorrect. Please re-enter your email and / or password and try again.

2. When you try to verify the address exists by sending it a mail message do you get a prompt bounceback indicating 'undeliverable' or similar?

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Test", could not be delivered to  obscured for customer security
The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery: 
550:550 5.1.1 lF0bkMgbnVBTu Recipient Suspended (TT514)

3. And when you validate the address at this website does the top line response indicate 'Deliverable' or something else?

Undeliverable 

Invalid email address, the mailbox for the email address does not exist.

Thanks you again for your help.

Kind regards,

Ian.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @ian Wilkinson 

When you use the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password does a message appear indicating the address does not have a talktalk domain?

When you try to verify the address exists by sending it a mail message do you get a prompt bounceback indicating 'undeliverable' or similar?

And when you validate the address at this website does the top line response indicate 'Deliverable' or something else?

Let us know the results of each test.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution