email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to delete my old homechoice account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 16

Please can you help me delete an old email account that has been hacked.

I am not a talktalk customer but I believe homechoice email accounts have been taken over by talk talk and as result of the data breach my email account and password have been compromised.

Please let me know how to close down the email and what details you need (I may not have all as account is maybe 15 years old)

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi fellasj,

I'm chasing this up with our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 16

Hello - any further news on the old email account?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 16

I've had confirmation that we're working on it. It's so rare that we see a Homechoice account that even colleagues in Networks are unsure what tools we have for them. I was told that it's gone to the Email Admins though. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16

Great thanks! - yet to be suspended but will check again next week.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 16

That's great. I've raised the fault ticket for you. The Homechoice domain has to be handled by the Email Admins. This means it'll take about 3 working days to be reset and suspended. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16

Thanks! I added my original landline number when I set up the email account from what I recall.

Do you need a current UK landline? I live overseas so don't have one, just a UK mobile no.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 16

I'm so sorry yes I had confirmation that my first port of call was wrong and this is indeed on our platform. I need a UK landline in order to raise the fault once you provide that post back and I'll get this sorted for you. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16

Any updates on this?

I need to get the email account suspended/closed as soon as possible. Its likely Talktalk's fault my email and password and have been stolen in the first place through the recent data breaches so i expect some more help and proactivity to resolve and the matter taken with the most urgency and seriousness!!

Its taken me weeks to find out how to access this old email account, and I've had to register on this community (when I didnt want to) just to chat with someone because unable to commuincate another way.

To repeat my email account was used to access other apps/accounts which could have resulted in money being taken from me and has also been used to email other people for fraud. I simply want Talk Talk to help close this email account.

Thanks for your early response.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 16

Hi fellasj, ok as you logged in through the TT webmail page I'll ask the admins again to confirm whether or not this is a TalkTalk email address. If it is I'll need a UK landline number to be able to suspend the account. I can't get it deleted for you. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 16

Thank you - I have provided the requested information in my profile.

Kind regards

Joe

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi fellasj,

Please don't post personal information on the open forum

Can you add the following information to the private notes section of your Community Profile

Email address affected
Your Full Name
Date of Birth
Phone number linked to the email address when first registered
Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team 
(for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 16

Thank you yes would be great to change the password at least. Ideally would like to close or suspend the email account as I dont use it anymore - let's check if thats possible. My email and password have been compromised somehow and someone is sending spam emails under my account and trying to access my other aps and services using this email account.

I notice the account is serviced by the pipex domain now when sending an email it says: [removed]@dsl.pipex.com

However the email address I use is [removed]@homechoice.co.uk

I would be happy to provide more details - let me know what you need.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi fellasj,

We can't delete the account but we can try to reset the password - would you like us to arrange this (we'll then need to confirm some details with you)

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 16

Hi there

No, its homechoice.co.uk. Homechoice was acquired by tiscali and subsequently by talk talk. I have managed to log into my obscured for customer security account via talk talk email log in, but I am unable to shut down the email or change the password through that portal. My account and password was compromised. There are previous posts in the community (when I searched) where someone from talk talk helped individuals close their homechoice.co.uk email addresses.

Please let me know if someone can help.

Thank you

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi fellasj, do you mean Homecall? We don't have a homechoice domain. 

0 Likes