email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imap problems on android

essexguy
Conversation Starter
Message 26 of 26

I am unable to add my TalkTalk email account to Outlook for Android, Gmail or any other email app on android that uses IMAP, the only way I’ve been able to add my account is via pop3 on the Sony  email app that came with the phone.

Microsoft have done an investigation ,and have traced the problem to the SSL server on TalkTalks side , Microsoft are saying the app requires SSL to be valid, which it appears not to be .

other apps just fail to add the account saying they can’t connect to Talktalk.

all email settings have been checked ,the correct settings as recommended by talktalk were used.

On top of all the other problems with TT mail servers, this is really becoming a joke.

Please find a fix for this ASAP before no talktalk customers are left to complain about the appalling email service you offer.

25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

And  you have outgoing authentication ticked but not incoming?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Unfortunately that’s the whole problem, I can’t add my account to outlook for android or Gmail apps as the details entered are not accepted by the apps.

Microsoft have done a trace and say the fault lies with TT SSL servers.

I used my email address and password , incoming as : mail.talktalk.net port 143, and outgoing as : smtp.talktalk.net port 587

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

In that case can you post the settings you're using. It may be an idea to remove and readd the account and as you do it you can type your next post too, so that I can see your exact settings.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

they didnt state which server,they did a trace on the account and  just said SSL needed to be valid which it wasnt .

its not just outlook for anrdoid app, gmail app wont add my TT account either

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 26

Hi essexguy, is that the outgoing or incoming setting?

0 Likes