email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming emails bouncing back to sender

christina121
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Incoming emails from a regular sender are from time to time bounced back to them. This results in the sender, (or senders system), putting a stop on new mail until I contact them.

The sender then resets my name on their mailing list, and my messages are reinstated until the next bounceback. 

I only become aware of this of course when it occurs to me that I've not had any mail from them for a while.

I cannot find anything on my Talktalk mail page to cause the messages to be blocked from this particular sender.

In any case once they put me back on their mailing list it seems to work alright for a while.

regards CET

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi christina121, Gondola is a safe pair of hands and I would expect you will get this sorted soon. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @christina121 

Feels like one of two things happening:

• The sender is sometimes blacklisted by an external agency
    so TalkTalk refuses mail until the blacklisting is withdrawn
  • The sender sometimes cannot get mail accepted for delivery
    so instead of retrying later just cancels the subscription

But if you did have a rogue Filter rule set to detect certain content it might be the cause.  Using a desktop browser check the Filter rules and let us know if you see the message 'There is no rule defined.'

Enter your email address, select Continue if prompted.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines top right side of the header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules

If you see the following then there's nothing set in your mailbox to stop messages arriving in your Inbox.

Filter rules - There is no rule defined

But if you do see a Filter rule set then:

• To disable an active Filter rule, select Disable for the Filter rule
  • To delete a Filter rule, select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the Filter rule and confirm by selecting the Delete button

Let us know what you find.

Who is the originator of the messages?  And what bounceback message does the sender receive?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution