email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent sent e mail

Anne Child
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

On my tiscali e mail I receive e mail ok but sending is erratic. Often it's on and the every so often a box pops up asking me to verify my user name and password. this goes round and round. It then corrects itself - often hours later - and all is ok. Has anybody else experienced this because clearly it's not right and can be very frustrating. Thanks

Anne Child
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Jamesd70, if you too are still having problems please start your own thread so that we can help you without confusion.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Maggie-P, if you're still having trouble please start a new topic so that we can help you with your problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi James, sorry I'm not very technical but am certain it's a TalkTalk problem as it's happening to a lot of people judging by the comments here, it's intermittent and I assume like me you haven't changed anything. I'm using Outlook too.  From past experience these things seem to get resolved in a few days but that doesn't stop them from being very frustrating! Just hope someone picks this up and gets it sorted quickly. 

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes

Jamesd70
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

I also have intermittent tiscali email on Outlook. Kept getting pop up message asking for password etc... Last few days couldn't send email, but was receiving them okay, now can't receive them either. I do have access to the TalkTalk mail and use it in an emergency, but want to keep using Outlook. Is this a TalkTalk fault or something else I need to look into 

0 Likes

Maggie-P
Team Player
Message 5 of 8

I am having the same problem, also sometimes saying it can't save to my sent box.Frustrating as can't tell what is happening. My ukgateway.net  address appears fine ,

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Anne Child, did Gondola get this sorted for you. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Anne

When the going gets tough try the webmail route.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

If you get an error message sending from webmail then let us know the full error message.  May help us to identify an issue.

Have you had the password for the mailbox for a long time?  Do you think the password might be a little weak and easily guessed?  Could be time for a password upgrade - Changing your email password 

How secure do you think your password is?  Enter the password (or a similarity to it if worried about security) into this secure website: https://howsecureismypassword.net/

If a computer would take thousands of years to crack the password you're probably ok... I prefer to see 'millions of years' for extra confidence.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer