email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone won't send tiscali emails

Nicola28
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My iphone receives emails OK but won't send them, I am using a tiscali email.

The error message is "cannot send mail. The sender address was invalid.

It says this for all new and even replies to emails, which clearly do have a valid email address.
I

Outgoing mail server I have set up as follows

Host Name: smtp.tiscali.co.uk

Use SSL

Server Port 587

Any ideas or support would be welcome, thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Nicola28, Gondola's advice is good. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Nicola28 

Usually this is because you're sending from an email address that isn't the tiscali email address. i.e. the default sender selected for your tiscali email account as added to your iPhone isn't the tiscali email address.

Take screenshots of the outgoing server settings and post here for review. Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address before uploading here using the camera or picture icon above this Reply area.

But just to cover the other situations that might arise, can you confirm you are a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or Mail Plus mail only customer and that the tiscali mailbox address is added to your customer MyAccount, My Mailboxes? Managing your email in My Account 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer