email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with email shutting down regularly

Wrenbo
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Last few days my e mail keeps presenting a message saying "This page is having a problem" Then says i can chose to Refresh and n doing so re opens email but it happens again shortly. 

There is an error code saying Out of memory yet i have loads of memory left on both pc and webmail so can't be that. Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

It looks like the ad agency have indeed cleared out the malfunctioning ads. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Hi Wrenbo 

Just to let you know that the cause of the 'out of memory' fault has been identified and does appear to have been fixed by the Advertising Management team. If using Edge or Chrome and not using an ad-blocker, let us know if you feel it's fixed or if you still get an 'out of memory' crash event.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

This issue has been passed on by our networks team to be picked up by the email platform supplier.  Hopefully, we'll see a fix soon. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi Wrenbo, there is an open incident for this issue. I've chased it this morning and will post when I get any news. 

Ady

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 7

@Wrenbo 

Hi, This problem has been around for a few days now and there are a few posts about it here on the forum. TalkTalk are aware and are looking for a solution. For more info take a look here:

talktalk email keeps crashing with message aw snap... - TalkTalk Help & Support

Glitches with my tiscali mail - TalkTalk Help & Support

Regards

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Wrenbo 

The issue is being dealt with by TalkTalk as an incident. Appears to affect Edge (Chrome engine) and Chrome browsers when advertising is being displayed. 

You can overcome the issue by using an Ad-blocker extension. 

Alternatively, so long as your mailbox is not limited to webmail only access, use an email client like Windows Mail / Outlook / Thunderbird / Apple Mail etc or a mobile email app. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution