email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lineone email problems

Janet60
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Seems like I'm not the only one who cannot access lineone emails or contacts. My password was not accepted 3 weeks ago and despite being reset I still have no access. Customer Service no use at all - an appalling service in fact as they do not even seem to understand the problem let alone respond. Extremely angry about the awful service and the time it has taken me track down and  notify old contacts of my new, much more reliable email address. When are you going to let me know what's going on Talk Talk?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi all, I've already provided similar feedback to everyone involved. Processes need to change for issues like this so that we can get you the service you need to go with the new platform.  I must tell you that this was not a problem with the new platform, but with the migration of accounts. I don't want this to cause a loss of confidence in what is a great mail platform. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Janet

Great to know you've regained access to the lineone email account.  And grateful thanks for taking time out to confirm for us.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team to pick up the feedback on Customer Services and pass to the management team.

Your experience highlights two key issues:

1. Not all Customer Service agents are aware of all of the legacy email addresses that TalkTalk have inherited and still manage.
  2. TalkTalk were slow to recognise the full impact of the password reset issue and even slower to alert everyone via Service Status.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, this has worked. But it begs the question as to why Customer Service did not know about this problem and indeed one of the agents I spoke to did not even appear to know about Lineone. If I had been notified 3 weeks ago as to why there was a problem it would have saved a lot of frustration.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Janet

The password reset issue was fixed last Friday. Unless there's a separate issue with your lineone email account you should be able to change or reset your password and then sign in.

Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the alternative email or mobile then please reset the password.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Then sign in to TalkTalk (lineone) webmail to check that the account is working.

Let me know if the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

And then, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the lineone email address and the alternate recovery email address and mobile into Private notes and then Save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes