email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lineone.net emails stopped

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 25 of 25

Cannot access lineone.net email.  Is there a system fault?

I use pop3 via gmail.

Used this method for several years. Not made any changes, but it has not retrieved any mails since 1 April.

pop server - pop3.lineone.net  port 110

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi carrotmuseum1, we're happy to add any issues we're aware of to the service status board. Unfortunately, I didn't get confirmation of the issue until Midnight on Thursday by which time it was fixed. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Would be helpful if Talktalk placed a fault message on the website.  Maybe they are ashamed at their incompetence!!

Spent over 4 hours trying to correct this issue and then just left with uncertainty, and a flood of "bounce back" emails from people trying to get in touch.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi carrotmuseum1, there was problem on Thursday it's resolved now. Are you still having problems with your mail?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Lineone.net not working again.  Is there a problem at Talktalk?

Using these recommended settings for pop3 (right hand column) on Gmail

email address

email address 

Incoming mail server

mail.talktalk.net

mail.talktalk.net

Incoming Port

Incoming TLS

Yes

Yes

Outgoing mail server

smtp.talktalk.net

smtp.talktalk.net

Outgoing Port

Outgoing STARTTLS

Yes

Yes

Outgoing Authentication

Yes

Yes

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Lineone.net email stopped again. Using the settings from the advice given in early April. It has worked for the last 5 weeks.   POP3 mail using right hand column settings. Is there a fault at talktalk end?

email address

email address 

Incoming mail server

mail.talktalk.net

mail.talktalk.net

Incoming Port

Incoming TLS

Yes

Yes

Outgoing mail server

smtp.talktalk.net

smtp.talktalk.net

Outgoing Port

Outgoing STARTTLS

Yes

Yes

Outgoing Authentication

Yes

Yes

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Equally rude and offensive reply @carrotmuseum1 that I can ignore but sending other members misleading information cannot be left as you must appreciate.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 25

What a rude and offensive reply.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Sorry, a simple mistake. I have tried so many different, recommended options, in the past few days none of which worked.

The one which works (today) is pop.tiscali.co.uk on port 995

I have no confidence this will last.

I am gradually moving lineone dealings to another account. 

As I keep repeating, I changed nothing before it stopped working, so Talktalk must have.  They do not have the courtesy to keep us informed and then give advice on what to do.  I have been a customer for over 20 years,  but doubt I will be this time next year.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

That's better. And that was exactly the advice on the TalkTalk Help page for some considerable time until the most recent update that consolidates advice for all TalkTalk Mail mailboxes to use the mail.talktalk.net host name.

Message 10 of 25

Sorry I meant - pop.tiscali.co.uk  port 995 which works for me

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

I've moved your .... post onto your own thread @carrotmuseum1 so you have the benefit of your own false information.

Message 12 of 25

Not true or correct @carrotmuseum1 

The TalkTalk email settings for all mailboxes managed by TalkTalk Consumer are those given in the TalkTalk help page Email settings - IMAP & POP3

And POP3 mail is received by mail.talktalk.net on Port 995 using SSL/TLS (or Use SSL for mobile devices).

Not as 'carrotmuseum1' wrote: You need to change the server name.  Talkttalk did not tell us POP3 Mail is now sent through: smtp.talktalk.net Secured connection on port 995 using SSL

0 Likes

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 13 of 25

You need to change the server name.  Talkttalk did not tell us

POP3 Mail is now sent through: smtp.talktalk.net

Secured connection on port 995 using SSL

Moderator Note: This is a post to be ignored as it is wrong.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi carrotmuseum1 

Having signed in to your mailbox for the very first time via Edge / Chrome, and tested you can receive and send mail messages, it's good to see you have had a rethink and Updated your reset details.

You asked about deleting the mailbox. You'll need to give this serious consideration. The haveibeenpwned website reported 12 instances of data breaches involving the email address. So, spammers and scammers will know the address, can spoof it and send you scam and spam and phishing mail messages so you really do need to be on high alert for suspicious activity involving the email address.

Message 15 of 25

Thanks for the gmail list.

Passwords - what will I do? delete the lineone email, which I currently cannot use anyway!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi carrotmuseum1 

Noted that you're intent on ignoring my advice about setting up password recovery.  When a hacker changes your password what's your plan? Don't tell me just make one.

Because your email address and password for other logins has been involved in multiple data breaches as I mentioned. I recommend you check that out so at least you know how insecure and compromised your logins were.

As for Gmail:

The Send mail as function in Accounts and Import?

Username and password is your lineone email address and its password

Not an alias.
Mail is sent through: smtp.talktalk.net
Secured connection on port 587 using TLS
You'll need to respond to the verification email sent from Google

The check email from other accounts function
Username and password is your lineone email address and its password
Mail is collected by: mail.talktalk.net
Secured connection on port 995 using SSL
Always use SSL when retrieving mail
You may need to allow Gmail to 'access less secure apps' even though Talktalk Mail is secure

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Just rebooted and used this for incoming in one last attempt.

pop.tiscali.co.uk port 995 SSL/TLS (checked)

That appears to work but I am now bombarded by 450 emails, all from Gmail Team indicating a suspicious message.   Never got those before using lineone server.

What is going on here?   Talktalk have definitely screwed up here. Maybe time to leave, They have gone down the pan, and the fiasco over breaching contracts for Fixed rate customers, is the last straw.

Message 18 of 25

I am now totally confused and bemused.  I do not need passwords software I have ALL my passwords retained outside the computer environment, on paper, off site in a secret locked box.  So a forgotten password will never happen.

Right now nothing works to retrieve my lineone.net emails.

Cam someone just post precisely, in plain English, what I fill in the Gmail set up panel.

Outgoing mail:

SMTP server name .....

Port No......#

Check which of these (or both) options:-

TJS

SSL

INCOMING

POP Server name .........

Port No.......

Do I check - Always use SSL when retrieving mail

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi @carrotmuseum1 

Some important follow up advice.

You haven't set up password recovery for your lineone email address.  If you ever forgot the password or your mailbox was compromised or suspended it wouldn't be as quick to recover access as if you had password recovery under your control.

I've left a post at the top of this forum that I recommend you follow to set up password recovery Reset details.

The email address is also featured multiple times in relation to data breaches on the website https://haveibeenpwned.com so it is much more important to upgrade to an ultra-strong and unique email password.

Message 20 of 25

You got an error message indicating that the host server name might need checking. So I gave you the recommended host server name. What's the outcome of changing the server name?