email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost contacts folder

shedshack
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

i have lost a couple of my contacts folders that store there correspondence in. 

How do i get them back?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi shedshack, as Gonoola has provided the exact information you needed to fix the problem, I've marked the post as the best answer to help other customers find the solution more easily. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi shedshack 

I'm pleased my answer is perfect... so far as it goes.

If you're using a touchscreen device it is feasible to inadvertently drag and drop but otherwise you've definitely come across some WEIRD SCIENCE for which I don't know the answer!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, your answer was perfect, although whilst waiting i clicked on everything i could and found some in Archive and some in Spam how they got their is anyone's guess.

Just lately im having some weird things happen, like only this afternoon i had a Email which i read then went back to the in box and it had disappeared, gone, vanished and i found it in a sub folder in Trash, WEIRD or what.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @shedshack 

Assuming your mailbox is on the TalkTalk Mail platform then:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

The standard folders and customised My Folders are in the left panel Folder view.

If the folders are a sub-folder of any other folder then to access those sub-folders select the arrow by the main folder name and that will expand to show the sub-folders.

This also applies to the Trash folder. So, if you've inadvertently deleted some folders it's the Trash folder that those deleted folders are moved into. And if they're a sub folder you'll need to select the arrow by Trash (if the arrow and hence sub-folders are present) to expand to show the sub-folders.

You can move folders or messages using an actions menu or use drag and drop.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

If the above doesn't help you find what you're looking for then post back to explain what you're using to view email and what you did to the folders.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution