email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost sub folders and all messages on email accounts

19sue65
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

i have my main email account and then i added 3 extra ones for my family they all have sub folders with messages saved in them, when i went on today to check emails they have all  gone

the folder name is still there but no folders or messages

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

This issue should now be cleared. Please kindly confirm that you're back in action.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi 19sue65, could you make sure the affected email addresses are added to your community profile in the private notes section.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TGmessenger
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

There has been complete inability to access e-mails on Talktalk for the past 23 hours.  The Outlook message reads - internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. Protocol: IMAP Server: mail.talktalk.net  Port: 143 Error Code: 0x800CCCDD, whilst the App gives a message of "Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes." 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi 19sue65 

If you mean you've added your family email accounts as added accounts to your primary login via TalkTalk Mail webmail then this is a reported current fault at the TalkTalk Mail platform operator not being able to access a local mailbox server.

The workaround is to sign out of your primary mail account and sign in to a secondary mail account to view folders and messages.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know that works.

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution