cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

not receiving emails dsl.pipex.com on windows live mail since 10am (but can send ok)

14 REPLIES 14
alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi can someone help please. Nothing since 10am this morning (25.9.20)

Using POP3 Port 110

(have tried changing to port 995 with SSL box ticked but makes no difference so have switched back)

I am using the correct email account

thanks in advance, Alex

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @alexander9 

Are you a TalkTalk customer?

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the dsl.pipex.com email address and then save changes.

See if your mailbox is upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform. You must enter the primary email address not an alias. Then the password for the primary mailbox.  If you enter an alias email address or your primary mailbox is not yet upgraded then you'll get redirected out to the old homecall webmail login.

Let us know what happens.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi,  I am a legacy Pipex UUnet customer, I do not have broadband or landline with TalkTalk, but with Fleur Telecom who took over from Pipex.  I have never used TalkTalk web mail (or Pipex webmail)  and have always accessed my emails using a Windows client (for over 23 years).

Please could you advise what has changed so I am unable to receive emails,  and what settings I need to use to fix this.

many thanks Alex

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

Hi alexander9 

TalkTalk is in the process of upgrading all legacy mail services like dsl.pipex to the TalkTalk Mail platform.  You will probably have received from TalkTalk a series of mail messages about the upgrade culminating in an Upgrade Complete mail message.  Also an important one asking you to register for password recovery so that if you forget your password or get locked out you have password recovery reset options.

This is why I asked you to see if you can sign in to the TalkTalk Mail platform to see if the upgrade has happened.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

I have now done all that.  I have done the profile.  i registered a recovery password back in december.

I have logged into talktalk web mail but there are no messages - it is empty.

What do I do next?

many thanks Alex

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

Ah, December would have been for the first planned upgrade that never happened and the second was deferred because of the national pandemic lockdown and this is now the third go at the upgrade.

You say you're signed in to TalkTalk Mail?  On the face of it that's good. But an empty mailbox isn't so good. Unless you're collecting all your mail via POP3 and deleting from the Inbox.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account may be deleting those messages from the online Inbox.

alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi,

using talktalk webmail sent test to my primary pipex email and get the following error;

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.4" not found, required by "exim"

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

Ah, so you're not signed in to TalkTalk Mail webmail after all.  You were redirected out to the old homecall webmail sign in.

Which means that the address is not yet recognised as active on the TalkTalk Mail platform or the sign in authentication doesn't recognise the login.

What i suggest is see if the upgrade happens overnight.

alexander9
Chatterbox

OK,

I will let you know if anything works tomorrow.

many thanks,

Alex

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

Hi alexander9 

Just in case it does work for you  - another member has just popped in to say that changing the incoming server host name in the email client settings has worked to collect email for him.

The change made was for the incoming server name

• From pop.dial.pipex.com (or pop.dsl.pipex.com)
  • Change to pop.talktalk.net

No promises but if you're willing to make that change it may well work to collect your mail.

Do let us know if that's an effective workaround.

alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

I have tried that and some variations to it,  but it has not worked.  No emails at all this morning still.

Please could you advise to a way ahead?

Many thanks

Alex

Alex Harris
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @alexander9 

Apologies for this.

The issue raised with Pipex emails is now showing on our Service Status page and updates will be provided here under email.

Thanks

Debbie

alexander9
Chatterbox

Hi,

email being received now,  after changing POP3 Port from 110 to 995,  and checking the SSL box.

Alex Harris
Gondola
Community Star

That'll do nicely.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi alexander9, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.