email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving netflix emails

gazzawazza
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 11

hi all

Just wondered if this is happening to anyone else?

Got a netflix warning about updating my email (genuine - occurred when logging into their site).

I then checked my mailstore and realised i used to receive netflix emails but haven't for months.

I know that Wix emails are blocked at network level by talktalk (speculated / effectively confirmed by oce_ady) and wondered if that's now happened with netflix. I've checked my webmail spam and local spam folders - nothing.

If this is happening, this really isn't helpful.

regards,

Gary

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. We're here anytime you need us. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Thanks for posting back to let us know Gary. You know we're here to help, if you need anything further just shout. 

Ady

thanks Ady

considering the number of messages that get posted here, your support is excellent.

I got a content update email from netflix today, so it looks like it was a netflix email validation issue. What's frustrating is that i got notified about it by netflix but the error flags didn't persist i.e. i endeavoured to resolve, thought i had (as no further reported errors) and it took a support chat to resolve and a very simple fix from them.

Sorry to have taken your time up.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for posting back to let us know Gary. You know we're here to help, if you need anything further just shout. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

@Ady-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Just an update

i've just finished with netflix live support.

Seems that my lineone address hadn't been validated (EDIT: this has now been confirmed, as normal netflix email comms have resumed). This fits with a message i got via their website back in February.

Customer Support can validate with a click.

Successfully received a support test message too.

I suspect it was this.

I'll monitor and update the thread in due course.

This surely has to be the issue. Obviously it doesn't explain why validation failed in the first place but that's another matter.

regards,

Gary

Message 5 of 11

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Gary, we've checked for mail from any mail address on the netflix domain that would cover any mail sent from Netflix. 

We can still raise a ticket to the email admins for you, the admins will request more recent dates and times of the sent mail that's failed. If you've got some please send the examples and if possible full mail headers to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com please be sure to post back and let me know when you've sent that mail and make sure you're username is in the subject line of the mail. 

Ady

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Gary, we've checked for mail from any mail address on the netflix domain that would cover any mail sent from Netflix. 

We can still raise a ticket to the email admins for you, the admins will request more recent dates and times of the sent mail that's failed. If you've got some please send the examples and if possible full mail headers to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com please be sure to post back and let me know when you've sent that mail and make sure you're username is in the subject line of the mail. 

Ady

thanks Ady

re: domain check. Thanks for confirming this.

re: sent messages specimens. I know message headers contain crucial transmission and routing details. However, i don't have access to them because i've not been receiving them.

I'll need to speak to netflix, just in the off chance they've got a 3rd party sending their content.

To be honest, i've been looking at the emails received and they were of the type "what are people watching in your area", top suggestions, netflix tonight (i.e. what i can watch and what others are watching. However, these seemed to coincide with the my free upgrade ceasing (i'd got the medium package for the price of the basic one). Once i upgraded, all messages ceased.

Although one might think - ah that's just the marketing to get me to sign up, i was also getting emails about new sign-ins (i.e. security stuff) AND i'm still getting notifications once i'm logged into the website (viewing in a browser i.e. just like the new replies notification at the top of the page on this community forum). These notifications are like what i was getting in my emails e.g. you've finished x, what's next i.e. suggestions, top 10 today, new season announcements, etc i.e. they still feel the previous email content is valid for customers. Also, as i mentioned, my email preferences are still available to configure and are active (under my netflix account settings). The implication is that email correspondence is still used (since you can in theory control it).

I think my next step must be to contact netflix and see what they think they're sending me. Whether i'll be able to get that info from a live chat rep is another matter.

Thanks for the action you've taken so far.

regards,

Gary

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hello,

I've made the assumption that the email address in your Community Profile is the one that is experiencing this issue? If so I've been unable to find any emails blocked from the email domain (netflix) that you provided in your post. If it is a different email address then please can you add this to your Community profile and we can confirm some details with you so we can look into this further.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Hi Michelle

Sorry for the slow reply and thanks for responding and investigating.

Yes my mailbox is the one on my profile.

So you've checked on the domain netflix, rather than just the specific email I shared with you?

Is it possible that you're just blocking an IP address and certain traffic, rather than specific sender addresses?

Anyway, i find this quite inexplicable. I find it much more plausible that if you're blocking emails from Wix (implied here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/not-receiving-Wix-emails/m-p/2572468#M133682) and my netflix messages have suddenly stopped, it's much more likely that talktalk are involved. You've demonstrated you're prepared to block legitimate emails from a major web host, so i can't see why netflix would be exempt from similar treatment, if it were decided it was necessary.

I've seen no evidence that emails from netflix have ceased either (as i mentioned, i still have email preferences configured on my netflix account and i've not found any articles saying netflix comms have been suspended).

However, i re-configured my netflix email preferences, in case a refresh of settings changes anything.

I will make enquiries with netflix too.

If you could come back to me on the two questions above too, that would be great.

Regards,

Gary

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hello,

I've made the assumption that the email address in your Community Profile is the one that is experiencing this issue? If so I've been unable to find any emails blocked from the email domain (netflix) that you provided in your post. If it is a different email address then please can you add this to your Community profile and we can confirm some details with you so we can look into this further.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Gary, as far as I'm aware we're not blocking netflix mails and I'm not seeing other posts concerning this. I'm guessing you've checked filters and forwards too haven't you? Are these personalised messages you're expecting such as confirmations of purchases or the general mails they send? 

Ady

thanks for replying Ady

I've no filters or forwards active - i've just double checked my webmail settings.

Re: personalised messages vs marketing. The messages were coming from "info@mailer.netflix.com". Both what i'd call marketing (e.g. personalised viewing suggestions) and account relevant stuff e.g. new sign-in to your account, your phone number has been added i.e. security stuff.

Of course they may have changed policies on what and how they communicate stuff.

However, i've just checked my netflix account and i'm still subscribed to some email content areas.

Last thing i received was 20th Jan 2021.

My email address is still the same.

I've also had the odd prompt saying they've not been able to contact me.

I've just tried logging out and deleting all cookies (in hope it would trigger a new login alert or perhaps a user message about problems with comms but nothing).

Perhaps you could check whether info@mailer.netflix.com is blocked (although i know filtering is broader / more sophisticated than that)?

thanks,

Gary

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi Gary, as far as I'm aware we're not blocking netflix mails and I'm not seeing other posts concerning this. I'm guessing you've checked filters and forwards too haven't you? Are these personalised messages you're expecting such as confirmations of purchases or the general mails they send? 

Ady

0 Likes