email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook issue following upgrade

whiskerxx
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Following the upgrade to my pipex email I now have the situation where i do not receive emails to my primary account when using Outlook.

I do however receive them to an associated account.

I have used Outlook repair to check the settings and they have changed and I think are correct

I have opened the talk talk email platform and can see new emails there.

I have tried emailing myself to the same account in that platform and it works.

I have checked that I have no rules in place on the Talk Talk platform

Any advice please to get outlook working again

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi David, please add the 41 email address to private notes in your community profile so that I can take a look at this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

So I thought I would leave it a few days to allow the dust to settle.

I have two Pipex email accounts

*41@dial.pipex.com

*63@dsl.pipex.com

I use Outlook on my computer

Since the upgrade I used the repair facility in Outlook to fetch the appropriate settings for both accounts.  Both settings changed.  Both use POP3

The mail continues to arrive and be sent as normal in Outlook from the *63@dsl.pipex account

But for the *41@dial.pipex.com account I have not had any mail arrive in the inbox in Outlook since 15th September and cannot send mail from Outlook.

However when I log into the *41@dial.pipex account on the Talk talk web portal I do receive mail as normal and can send mail as normal.  So it works there but doesn't sync with Outlook.

So I have the remaining issue of Outlook not connecting to the Talk talk site for the *41@dial.pipex account, whereas the *63@dsl.pipex accounts works normally as before.

So could you provide some further help to fix the issue with the *41@dial.pipex account please

Regards

David

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi whiskerxx, are you still receiving the mail in webmail?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @whiskerxx 

I'd check the settings for Outlook to make sure the username is for the primary mailbox email address.

The dsl.pipex IMAP email settings you need for the primary mailbox email address:

Account Type  IMAP
Username username@dsl.pipex.com
Password Yes
IMAP Incoming mail server imap.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Encryption Method SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP outgoing mail server smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Encryption Method STARTTLS
Authentication method Normal Password
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes