email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password recovery

Simonstrafford
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I am trying to log into webmail but have forgotten my password. When i select to receive a recovery text to my mobile i get:

We are currently experiencing technical issues with My Account.
We are working hard to fix the problem and the service will be available again soon.

Please note:If you are accessing this service on a tablet or mobile device, then you may need to turn it off and
back on again in order to fix this problem.

In the mean time you can consult our Online Help or follow our Twitter feed @TalkTalk where any updates on
the status of systems will be posted.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Any ideas? i have tried over several days on different computers.

Simon

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Simonstrafford,

I can see that Gondola told you about the SMS issue, we are working on this so as Gondola says, the status page will have the latest update regarding this issue

Chris

Message 2 of 5

Advisory. Gondola's crystal ball is in for its annual service and forecasting calibration. Apologies therefore to any members not able to receive an accurate timetable for future unpredictable events.

Hi Simon, the advisory says it all! 

We don't get briefed on resolution timescales so the only realistic answer I can give is to keep an eye on Service Status (Email) and the message there will give updates or clear when the issue is solved.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective for you I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team and request they set up Reset details with your alternate email address.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you and let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately not. Any ideas on time scale for the text problem.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Simon

There's a temporary issue in sending out the SMS text messages but the password recovery link sent to an alternate email address is working ok.

So, the question is, have you set up an alternate email address as well as your mobile number?  If you have then just select the email to receive the reset link.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer