email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please reset my password

Nio01
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 16

Hi Ady

As per my email please reset my password.

As i no longer have broadband I urgently need WebMail .

Hopefully I can get pop working but so far not.

Many thanx.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Ady

pop pipex and webmail now working.

Thanx to the calls from support Monday afternoon.

I was out and sorry as I could hardly make out what the guys were saying as noise around me etc.

No errors for the last few hours, download over 400 emails with no issues.

I wish the password reset could have been done sooner, an email I was told had been sent to me has not and now probably too late for me to avoid extra charges from a couple of companies.

I couldn't hear the answer to where I reset my webmail/pop password, of course I don't want to break it after not having access for such a long time but for security I would like to set my own.

Maybe I'm just too tired but could you tell where that reset is when I'm logged into webmail?

I can't see it under Options!

many thanx for getting this sorted.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

The chaser worked. Ranadheer got an update and then tried to get in touch with you to pass it on. I've sent him a reminder to go for another update for you. 

Hi Ady

I appreciate you chasing the chaser, but the Ranadheer hasn't chased me as far as I can see 🙂

I've checked my voicemail, sms, email and spam folder, no missed calls etc! and no reply on here of course!

Current status;

Just took around 2 minutes to login into MyAccount, but I am logged in right now with my password I last reset last week.

Webmail login fail for both;

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/

Redirects to and fails with correct domain login;

https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php?reason=failed

pop Pipex fails to login with my same password I reset last week or the previous password!

I'll keep trying in case something else causing any issues right now.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

The chaser worked. Ranadheer got an update and then tried to get in touch with you to pass it on. I've sent him a reminder to go for another update for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Ady

I think the chaser got lost! Webmail or POP Pipex still a non runner 😞

It's a long time to wait for a simple password reset! There are emails in that mailbox I really needed access to last week or at least this weekend.

FYI;

I do have pop working with my other provider on Outlook, pop and smtp working fine!

other isp pop working.png

pipex and other.png

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

I've sent a chaser to get this sorted for you. Please let me know how you get on. 

Hi Ady

Thanx for the reply.

I've tried a few times today and again just now, but no Webmail and no Pipex pop on PC or android still no joy!

As of yesterday using my phone to tether I do see the Servers just to let you know my (sort of) connection status!

On the face of it that looks ok, but of course it's pants.

See attached.

Cheers.

pipex connection fail.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

I've sent a chaser to get this sorted for you. Please let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Nio01, unfortunately as Pipex domains were setup for business the authentication is hosted on the business network and MyAccount has no integration with the business systems so your password change won't on MyAccount won't affect the email login. Hopefully, the admins will have it done quickly for you. 

Hi Ady

Still not working for me, pop or webmail!

I was hoping it would be quick this time as I had posted support tickets in another thread a very long time ago now that were never responded to over this same issue!

Will my current password working with MyAccount be synced across so it will just start working at some point, today hopefully on Webmail and POP Pipex?

Thanx you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Nio01, unfortunately as Pipex domains were setup for business the authentication is hosted on the business network and MyAccount has no integration with the business systems so your password change won't on MyAccount won't affect the email login. Hopefully, the admins will have it done quickly for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Nio01, I've raised the fault ticket for you. As it's Pipex it can take a couple of days to get the password reset. Please let us know how you get on. 

Hi Ady

Thanx for the update.

Will this password reset done by Admin's be different in any way to the one I've done yesterday via MyAccount?

I've logged into MyAccount a few times with with the new password I set, no issues, but Webmail might as well be hosted on a server on Mars!! 🙂

I assume you will drop me a note when the password reset has been completed by Admins?

Many thanx.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 16

Hi Nio01, I've raised the fault ticket for you. As it's Pipex it can take a couple of days to get the password reset. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Thank you.

Already added any missing details last night.

Appreciate the help with this.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi @Nio01

I've alerted Ady.

Just check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, former TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and just for completeness put the dsl.pipex email address in Private notes and save changes. Ady should be able to link to the MyAccount and ask the email admins about the email account and let you know what can be done.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi thanx for the reply Gondola

Yes this is my pipex email address, the original one!

Yes I have access to MyAccount and email is listed at the top!

I also reset the password last night. Still no access to webmail with that reset, but I can still login to MyAccount with the new password!

I don't see where I can set a recovery address, or mobile for that, but I have entered my details in personal notes!

My old pop and smtp settings don't work now, (no broadband etc) and the ones you provided also don't work for me.

But I am accessing the internet now via via my android phone so have no idea if I'll be let get connected that way. I can see the servers, but it wont connect/login! (with new password)

I'm on dsl.pipex.com  BTW

I urgently need webmail at least, could you please ask Ady to try a reset from your end and see if that will get it working?

I just get redirted here after a fauiled webmail login;

https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php?reason=failed

info; I also noticed I can't see one of my addresses, but that was working even though it's not showing up in the config list!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Nio01

Is this the pipex email address?

Do you still have access to MyAccount to manage email and is the email listed there?

Did you set up password recovery for the pipex email address with an alternate email and or mobile number? You could try the Reset your Password option to see if you recognise any hints for the reset options.

The dsl.pipex POP3 email settings you need are:

Account Type  POP3
Login / Username username@dsl.pipex.com
Password Yes
POP3 mail server name pop.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP mail server name smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Authentication method Normal Password
Outgoing Authentication Yes

(If it's dial.pipex then replace dsl.pipex)

Let me know if you still need Ady to get your password changed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes