email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Pipex SMTP

Hambledom
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Hi

my Pipex email works perfectly on my iPad and iPhone.

my wife’s pipex email has stopped sending on both her iPad and iPhone.

the settings on all four devices are identical.

Tried SMTP not using SSL and using SSL

password authentication

server port 25 and 587 tried

tried deleting Pop accounts from both her devices and installing imap.

when she logs into webmail it doesn’t work either - but no error message

The error message on the iphone is password or username incorrect - but she is able to log into the webmail with the same password and username!

Any help or ideas appreciated

D

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 18

I've raised a new ticket for you. I was told this morning that the old ticket was closed on the back end, but it was showing open to me. I've sent it straight it over to the Email Admins. If you want to complain to the CEO team you can find all their contact details in the How do I make a complaint help article?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18
Hi - how do I contact them to complain - still heard nothing.

Tks

D
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

You can contact the CEO team to make a complaint. They  may be able to speed things up for you. In the meantime I've sent a chaser to the Email Admins asking for an update.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi

no text messages this week from the tech support team , and still emails not working 😞

how can I escalate this - it is 1 month now without email which I guess you also appreciate is a pretty shocking response time.

D

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

The fault ticket is still with the networks team. It's still being investigated for you. You will be updated by text when they update the ticket. If you don't hear anything by Friday post back and I'll chase them for you. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18
Hi
I have had texts saying they are working on it, and on Saturday we were able to successfully send emails!
Sadly on Sunday and Monday it has stopped again.
We have no way to contact them - could you let them know it is still not fixed.
I must say it is now really crippling not being able to use email for 2 weeks or actually ring someone to find out what is being done 😞
Please help!
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

You're welcome, I've sent a chaser to the team this morning to try and speed things up for you. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Ok

thanks for your help.

D

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

I've been able to speak to Alan and unfortunately the only way to fix this is to raise a fault ticket to the Email Admins. I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get updates by text message. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18
Hi there

Have you had any joy trying to resolve this?
Is there a telephone number I can call since my wife is struggling now without being able to send emails.

Tks

D
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Unfortunately not. Alan wasn't in yesterday. I'm told he's in today and I'll post back once we've tested. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Many thanks.

any news?

D

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Unfortunately, pipex emails are one of the few that I can't test. My colleague who can test them is in later this morning so I'll hang on and ask him to test for me. I'll post back to let you know what happens. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi, yes she can log in - so username and password are obviously correct.

but if she sends an email from the webmail it does not go out.

tks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Gondola

thanks for the settings info.

I have updated on both devices but still get the same error message.

I have also updated all the other info as instructed Into the private notes field.

how do I get someone from the email support team to contact me?

thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi Hambledom, you say your wife can login to webmail, but you also say that webmail doesn't work either. Can you confirm when she logs into webmail if it works properly?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Hambledom

I see you've been changing email client settings. So that the issue doesn't get compounded by wrong client settings, here are the correct settings for the PIPEX emails.

Account Type  Dial DSL
Login / Username abc12@dial.pipex.com or alias@dial.pipex.com abc12@dsl.pipex.com or alias@dsl.pipex.com
Incoming email (POP3) pop.dial.pipex.com pop.dsl.pipex.com
Outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.dial.pipex.com smtp.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming email (IMAP) imap.dial.pipex.com imap.dsl.pipex.com
Incoming Port (IMAP) Secure 993 993
Incoming Port (POP3) Secure 995 995
Outgoing port (IMAP & POP3) 587 587
STARTTLS/TLS/SSL Yes Yes
Outgoing Authentication Yes Yes

The failure to login is either a mailbox corrruption or the password has been changed by the system.  Do make sure you set up the clients with normal password authentication for both outgoing and incoming servers.

For email ownership checking, just ensure that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

The owners' Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Pipex email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Pipex email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details of the registered owner of the Pipex email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes