email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with accessing my TT emails via Outlook

Oneeasygeezer
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Since the beginning of June I've lost all access to my non MS email accounts accessed via MS Outlook on my Android phone and my Chromebook, some MS accounts have been removed, but my biggest problem my Talktalk account wont sync. I've input all the required imap settings straight from talktalk's website and it just wont connect it keeps returning " Login Error The connection to your email server timed out. Please check your mail settings.

I've been in dialogue with Microsoft support from the beginning and they're adamant it's a problem with the iMAP settings, the ones I've used are the iMAP settings from the TT website but still I can't get it to connect to the TT server, the settings I'm using are.

Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net

Incoming Port 993

Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net

Outgoing Port 587

I've verified the password as being correct by logging on to both my Windows PCs with no problems. I'm now desperate to get the problem resolved. 

PB Frewer
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 10

No worries. The case is not closed here. Let us know when you get something helpful from Microsoft. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Unbelievably when I checked with MS support upon the progress of my long standing issues they had closed the case down again because they're had been no sign of me login in for 2 days !!!!!!! despite the fact I've had to regularly had to wait in excess of 4 days for a response and then only to be asked the same questions answered within the thread. Unfortunately I can't give more time to this problem until I get back home in October, but I will update this issue if anything comes of it.

PB Frewer

Message 3 of 10

I believe Microsoft have changed the way that Outlook.com works and no new accounts can be set up as connected accounts from May this year.  There's also a sync issue for some connected accounts to Outlook.com in that they no longer work and Microsoft suggest using Windows Mail with Windows 10 as a workaround. Now whether this is related to accounts set up on the Outlook app for Mobile I don't know for sure. I was hoping they'd tell you!

Message 4 of 10

I had a message which stated that none MS accounts could no longer be set up through Outlook but existing accounts would be kept. I forget the actual cut off date but it was after I left home to travel taking my Chromebook and Android phone with me both of which had Outlook as part of my office subscription, it quickly became apparent that my TT account wasn't working on these devices my phone has retained 2 Hotmail accounts and still working through Outlook  although the Chromebook had the Hotmail accounts deleted and the TT mail wouldn't connect on either of the devices. I believed my Win PC & laptop were ok as the were MS Windows PCs however I had to return home briefly and discovered that neither of the PCs can access my TT mail through Outlook, so I'm now pursuing this with MS although as well I wont be back home until the end of October so responses can be delayed, sorry.

PB Frewer
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

What changes did Microsoft tell you they have made to the Outlook app for mobile devices? Let us know if they resolve the direct connection issue because that doesn't just impact TalkTalk customers. 

Message 7 of 10

Many thanks for the info, which I've now passed on to Microsoft support to resolve as it worked before their changes and existing users were told they could keep access to their email accounts, I'll let you know how it goes before I bite the bullet and start with another email provider. 

PB Frewer

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Oneeasygeezer, please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Oneeasygeezer 

Your email settings are correct and you'll find those settings will work when you use Gmail or BlueMail apps on your mobile devices. The Outlook app for mobile does not make a direct connection to the TalkTalk Mail servers so although you can set up the app no mail will be sent.

You are still a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer and have checked the email address in question is added to your customer MyAccount? If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to  TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If the customer and MyAccount status is good then let us know how you get on with setting up an alternative email app from the PlayStore. I happened to recheck BlueMail only a few days ago to help another customer in the same situation and can confirm the BlueMail app sets up for current TalkTalk Consumer customers just by entering the talktalk.net email address and password. 

Let us know if you need more help and that you're able to connect to your mailbox.