email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recipient received my email to her, but her [known] reply to me did not arrive

costumewifie
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

I have a contact (family member in USA) with whom I have exchanged countless emails for many years.  Very recently, I sent an email to her and received no reply (and no error message about failed delivery).  Unheard of for this person to ignore me.  That same email had another USA family member on the addressee line (different domain/different part of the USA) and this second addressee did indeed receive my message, and replied promptly to its contents.  It was the second addressee who was able to confirm that the first addressee HAD received my message and HAD indeed replied to me, using "reply all".  Subsequently, second addressee was able to forward the missing reply to me.  I then tried to send a single message to first addressee only, but there is no response; as before, it is very unlikely that this addressee would ignore me.  The email domain in question is bellsouth.net  Is there any reason why TalkTalk would block an incoming email to me from that domain?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks I've raised the fault ticket for you. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get this sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

I have added my mobile and some private notes, to my community profile.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

My apologies I should have been clearer. You need to add the mobile number to your community profile and you'll find private notes down at the bottom of the same page. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

My mobile number is already in My Account with TalkTalk, and I have now added it to my basic settings within the webmail settings.  I have no idea where to add private notes!!  Somewhere within webmail on TT's website??

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

In that case I need to raise a fault ticket for you. Please add a mobile number to your profile and add the sending and receiving mail addresses in the private notes section of your profile. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

The/my new-look TalkTAlk Webmail interface has no filtering rules in place at all, so there are no gates to jump over for my incoming bellsouth.net correspondent, in which case, I would expect her incoming emails to arrive there - yes?  

On my PC (in Outlook), I have very little in the way of filtering rules (for my own main talktalk account).  The only place that my bellsouth.net contact appears (in Outlook) is in the safe senders list (and my address book, of course).  Plenty of others in my Outlook safe senders list - and they are all reaching me so far!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Ok that's what I suspected. In that case please delete any and all filters you have setup. We've seen that some of these can corrupt in the migration process and will need to be cleared out to resolve issues like this. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

No, I have not received anything from the bellsouth.net email account since TalkTalk's migration to new email platform.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi costumewife, have you had emails from that sender since migration to the new mail platform? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Indeed I have checked.  That was my first action when the failure became apparent to me.  I have checked on my own PC (Outlook) and within webmail on TAlkTalk's website.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Have you checked whether it has been caught by a spam filter?

0 Likes