email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retaining email account

JHB2708
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Does anyone know how long talktalk email will continue working for if you leave talktalk?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 3

Hi @JHB2708

The official line is that if you leave TalkTalk you cannot keep the email.  That's in Terms and Conditions v20180101 TalkTalk Broadband 2.4c. 

However, the present unofficial line is that the email address will remain functional so long as you log in to the account at least once every 180 days.  Your MyAccount remains functional for 12 months after leaving and whilst you have access to MyAccount you can change email password or delete the email account.  Once you lose access to MyAccount you can still use the password reset facility but you'll not be able to delete the email account.

There is a rider to the foregoing and it relates to the new TalkTalk Mail that is due to be launched soon.  TalkTalk customers will have free access to the new Mail platform.  That what is currently stated in the related FAQ.  But I believe that ex customers may be asked to pay a fee if they wish to retain the new Mail service.  The full details of if and when that would happen will no doubt become available in due course.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Providing you log in regularly it will go on for as long as you like or you disable it.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes