Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

scammers?

2 REPLIES 2
Nev Jones
First Timer

On 7 September I was phoned by foreigners, claiming they were from Microsoft and that I'd been scammed. On my computer they showed me a post from TalkTalk, my phone and internet provider. I took them to be the scammers and ended the conversation. I have informed Microsoft. On the same date I received six emails from TalkTalk re changing password, security, and security for children. How do I know if these are bona fide TalkTalk messages or further approaches from the scammers? Should I open the emails?

Many thanks.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Do you use TalkTalk webmail? If so I believe a genuine email from TalkTalk will show a yellow padlock symbol just in front of the senders address. I am sure @Gondola will confirm that shortly.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Nev, all those mails will be scams. Don't open any of them. Just delete them. The clue is that the sending email won't be a genuine one. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.