email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screaming.net "sending domain invalid" sending email

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 10

That's it, really. Add screaming.net to the list of broken domains - and although Gondola reckons sending smtp should be OK, I'm afraid it isn't.

Update: It doesn't work in webmail either.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi NickS_2, thanks for taking the time to post and let us know its working normally again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Nick

Thanks for confirming. The TalkTalk Mail platform is clearly picking up the DNS record as normal this morning.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 10

All working this morning.

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 10

Sender domain invalidSender domain invalidAccount settings for smtp - talktalkAccount settings for smtp - talktalk

0 Likes

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 10

I'm afraid not 😞

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

I can see that one of the tiscali DNS name servers is now responding.  Is your mail now back in action?

Message 7 of 10

Yes, webmail will not work because that will go via the DNS to find the smtp.tiscali.co.uk servers and as the DNS is not responding the sending will bring up a TT420 error indicating the sending mail servers cannot be found.  In my opinion the TalkTalk Mail platform ought to be sending via the smtp.talktalk.net mail servers as a default.  But that's not been configured.

There's no issue with a mail client sending via the smtp.talktalk.net servers. Mail will be sent.

What happens when the mail is received by a mail service is entirely dependent on how the recipient authenticates the incoming mail, or not. So, that mail could be received ok and arrive in the Inbox, received but flagged as potential spam, bounced back.

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 10

I was using the talktalk host, have been since the last time we had a mail issue. Can't even use webmail as a backup this time.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

See my Current issues post top of this email forum. I've already included screaming.net and a comment about sending mail via the smtp.talktalk.net host name.

0 Likes