email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screaming.net subdomains broken again

NickS_2
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 4

screaming.net users used to be able to use the account name as a subdomain and prefix with whatever they liked, which is very handy for filtering mail. So I could have nick@account.screaming.net, nick.barclays@account.screaming.net, doris@account.screaming.net, etc. Last time the mail servers changed this was broken for a while but was eventually fixed. It's broken again and has been for about the last week or so; all email to subdomains get bounced with an error 554 and only mails to account@screaming.net are passed. This is a major issue as almost all my email registrations use whatever@account.screaming.net. Can we get this fixed ASAP please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

I'm still waiting for the team to confirm the results of their testing. I'll let you know as soon as I hear. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Yep, that seems to be the same thing/fixed. Thanks for looking into it. 🙂

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi NickS_2, I've asked the team if we have made changes to this. I know we've managed to get mail Aliases working now, but not sure if this is under the same banner. I'll post back when I know more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.