email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending emails in outlook

CELTICMAN
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

using outlook I am recently getting "too many recipients" 501 message - today with only one addressee! I send messages to around 15 people at a time. have rebooted and then ok sometimes but today worse than ever. Any help out there?

thanks Robert

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi CELTICMAN, Gondola is as always right. Have you returned to normal email service now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi CELTICMAN 

The TalkTalk Mail system has counted up the total number of recipients over the preceeding hour and has put a temporary hold on your sending. The hold will be fully released in one hour from the last successful send. In the run up to that full release you may be able to send a few emails but not the normal allowance and you'll the need to wait a bit longer for the full allowance to become available again.

The recipients per hour and recipients per day limiters are normal for residential mail services. They're there for spam protection. If Outlook has to retry sending to a distribution list then each retry will add the list count to the total recipients count.  If you don't think your sending can have triggered a limiter, for example only one send to a distribution list of 15 recipients during the hour then check for unusual activity in your online mailbox Sent objects folder.  If there's anything in Sent objects that was not created by you then change your mailbox password. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution