email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen email - locked out

Janiemcm
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

As per advice offered to others in a similar situation, I have Registered with the Community and have updated my Personal Details to include my account details plus details of the email that has been 'stolen' (my daughter's - one of our family talktalk email accounts).  We are locked out - the password has been changed as has the alternate email address for password reset.

Can TT admin please verify that this email address belongs to my family and send me instructions to reclaim/reset?  My own talktalk email is ok.  Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks for confirming the security information. I've requested the password reset update for you. 

It will complete within 24 hours. You can check intermittently by going to Password Reset Tool

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Janiemcm 

Just posting to advise about the telephone enquiry password that was requested by Ady.  This is the password you'll quote to verify you're the customer account holder when contacting TalkTalk by 'phone. 

If you're forgotten the Telephone password you can sign in to your MyAccount and request that the password is sent to you by email to your MyAccount login email address. Select My Details, Personal Details from the grey toolbar and select Forgotten password on the Personal details page, Telephone Password line.

Setting up your telephone password 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk

thanks for personal message - I followed the link but am not sure what my 'enquiry password' is...  I couldn't see how to reply to the personal message so have responded here instead.  Can you clarify please?  I don't think there is a password associated with this enquiry as I just posted on the Community.  Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Janiemcm, I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Janiemcm 

Just to acknowledge your post and thanks for updating your Community profile. TalkTalk Staff will pick up this topic next week from Tuesday onwards, verify you as the account owner / registered user of the email address and set up Reset details for password recovery so you / your family member can then create a new access password to sign in to the mailbox.

Whilst waiting it is strongly advised to scan email devices to identify and remove any password grabbing virus, trojan or malware to make sure the device isn't going to reveal the new password.

When your family member does gain access via the Forgotten password link and a changed password they should sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail and check there are no Filter rules or Auto forward that may also have been set up by the hacker.

• Sign in to TalkTalk Mail
  • Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines top right side of the header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • To disable an active Filter rule, select Disable for the Filter rule
    Disable any Auto forward rule
  • To delete a Filter rule, select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the Filter rule and confirm by selecting the Delete button

Stay safe.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution