email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk blocked this one due to too many invalid recipients mailed recently from this IP

mhayes
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

We are an ESP and we are currently experiencing an issue when trying to send to a business domain that uses TalkTalk as their provider, we receive the following bounce back message:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed:

EMAIL ADDRESS

SMTP error from remote mail server:
talktalk blocked this one due to too many invalid recipients mailed recently from this IP

Diagnostic-Code:smtp;550 Too many invalid recipients

The following IP's are:

Please could someone take a look into why we are recieving this error? we are able to send to the same email addresses outside of the IPS
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi mhayes, I'm pleased to see that you've had all the help you need from Gondola. 

If you find you need help again you know where to find us. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

mhayes
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

No worries!

Thanks for looking into it

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

If it's a genuine bounceback from TalkTalk plc in the UK there would be a TT error code. Aramco is based in Saudi Arabia.

Network AS5080. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

mhayes
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

The reference to TalkTalk is within the bounce back message we are receiving 
"talktalk blocked this one due to too many invalid recipients mailed recently from this IP" 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

And where exactly does TalkTalk figure in this? I don't see any TalkTalk involvement in aramco.com so I'm guessing that you have in your mail list some rogue TalkTalk managed email addresses that shouldn't be there. My advice is to clean the mail list.

msgfocus.com has an SPF record that includes a wide range of IP addresses. So, if from the 185.187.116.0/22 range you're only getting problems with the IP addresses you specified it might be wise to restrict the range in case someone is spoofing your mail.  You don't appear to be using DMARC so wouldn't necessarily get any feedback on mail spoofing.

mhayes
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gondola,

The domain is aramco.com 🙂 . When trying to send to the domain via the above IP's we receive the above bounce back message each time, however when we send to the aramco.com domain outside these Ip's we do not get the bounce back message.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi mhayes 

When you say you're sending to a business domain what domain is that?  TalkTalk Business (TTB) no longer operate a business mail domain, just three legacy domains and there may still be some personal domain names still being hosted by a third party.

But on the bounceback error message. This is very specific. Your mailing list includes addresses that are no longer in use. The advice from me would be to clean the mail list of all addresses that are no longer active or that have unsubscribed or blocked your mail.  Wait 24 hours for any rate limiting to be relaxed and then resume sending to valid addresses only.

0 Likes