email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk email keeps crashing with message aw snap, and have to reload page

JJ2020
Chatterbox
Message 35 of 35

talktalk email keeps crashing with message aw snap, and have to reload page. Anyone else having this problem?

34 REPLIES 34

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 35

It looks like the ad agency have indeed cleared out the malfunctioning ads. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 35

Hi JJ2020 and others

Just to let you know that the cause of the 'out of memory' fault has been identified and does appear to have been fixed by the Advertising Management team. Those using Edge or Chrome and not using ad-blockers, let us know if you feel it's fixed or if you still get an 'out of memory' crash event.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 35

The team at OX have identified the cause of the problems and have pushed it to the ad management team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 35

Hi mickking 

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 35

Well, I took Gondola's advice and downloaded "Adblock for Chrome" from the Chrome Web Store yesterday - and, so far, no more problems!

So thanks, Gondola!

Message 6 of 35

Hi Babtalk 

TalkTalk have to pay the platform vendor a fee for each active mailbox so the Mail service is monetised via advertising fees and MailPlus subscription fees that help with the outgoing costs. 

TalkTalk is one of the last providers of a decent mail service. Sky have ceased offering and Plusnet are ceasing the provision of mail service next year.

We just need this current crash to be fixed for those users not able to exploit the workarounds I've described. 

Message 7 of 35

Many thanks Gondola. That does make more sense. Unfortunately I don't enjoy writing emails on my phone and if I want to attach files or such like, they are all on my laptop.

I'll look into the ad-blockers idea, although I am usually quite reluctant to download. I have always wondered why TalkTalk (which I pay for) has advertising. Normally paying for a service means that you don't get gratuitous advertising; bizarre! 

Johnny-D1-RWEW
First Timer
Message 8 of 35

Just to say I've had the same problem for several days now i.e. E-mail page crashes with Aw Snap, out of memory message'. I'm using Chrome browser but happening on different laptops with plenty of memore available on both so obviously not a laptop issue. Looking forward to update and a fix maybe?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 35

This is still being investigated by OX. I'll be back with news as soon as I have it. 

Ady

Message 10 of 35

Hi Babtalk 

Internet browsers like Chrome and Edge can be provided with extra features called Extensions. One of these extra features or extensions that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store (for Edge) or Chrome Web Store (for Chrome) is a feature to block advertising from being shown on a web page.  Such extensions are called ad-blockers.

The cause of the out of memory crash in Edge and Chrome is related to the advertising being shown on the TalkTalk Mail page. But by blocking the advertising you can get around the crash happening.

Your mailbox can also be accessed via email software like Windows Mail, Outlook365 or Thunderbird just as 3 examples of popular email software.  There's no advertising seen from TalkTalk Mail on those items of software. Your mailbox can also be accessed via mobile email apps on tablets and mobile 'phones.

I trust that helps.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 35

The issue has been passed to our email platform supplier now for further investigation. I'll provide further updates when I have them.

Ady

Message 12 of 35

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for trying. I clicked the link and read the comment, but came away non the wiser. I had no understanding of what had been written! Thanks for replying though.

Babtalk
First Timer
Message 13 of 35

I have just finished an 8 line email. The system crashed 5 times while writing this. Each time reloading took me back to a point before the crash. Just to be clear I am not that slow a typist and have mastered the use of more than one finger. 

Looking forward to the support team coming up with a speedy solution.

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 35

Sorry for not fully understanding what's going on (I'm a child of the 50's so you have to make allowances).

The latest from my end is that it keeps on happening, worse today than it was before.

Message 15 of 35

Mine has been the same for three days, can mostly get emails now with my mobile on o2.....whats up with talktalk?

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 35

I'm still waiting for the update.

Ady

Message 17 of 35

Heads up that when I said "update" I meant letting us know the fault status, not necessarily a fault fix. But we might get lucky and be told that they've fixed the fault.

0 Likes

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 35

I'll wait for the update - at the moment it's just irritating!

Message 19 of 35

Hi Babtalk 

Read this post from this very thread.

An update from TalkTalk is expected today. Do you need any further guidance?

Babtalk
First Timer
Message 20 of 35

Hi,

For the past three days I have been getting this crash problem when writing emails. I keep getting the 'aw snap' page about every 5 minutes. When I reload, it takes me back to a point about 30 seconds before the crash. 

Any advice on what I can do to stop this would be appreciated.