email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk to gmail

rvl2197
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

I am desperately trying to transfer all my emails, future emails etc from talktalk to a new gmail account. So any emails automatically just go to the new gmail account.

I have attempted to pull this across from gmail with the 'Check mail from other accounts' feature. 
I have used the pop server and pop usernames, all variants I can find, all 'ports' etc etc. I am still getting messages such as:
"Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password."

I am so lost and not clued up on this. I currently now have no way of getting emails to my talktalk and no way of informing contacts of the change.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi rvl2197, the way to do this is to log in to your TalkTalk webmail and setup a simple forward to send all your mail to your chosen Gmail mailbox.

If you choose not to pay to keep the TalkTalk mailbox the forwards will stop when the mailbox is deleted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi gondola,

thanks so much for all of that! I shall give it a go.

was a talk talk customer but changed broadband etc. Said we could keep email address but now are going to start charging for it, hence the move to gmail.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Moving TalkTalk Mail inbox messages to Gmail

This solution is for customers migrating their TalkTalk Mail inbox mail messages to Gmail (or similar mail service) when email client connectivity has been limited prior to the TalkTalk mailbox being deleted.

• There's always the option to subscribe for a month (or longer) to TalkTalk MailPlus to restore email client connectivity
  • Then connect Gmail as a POP3 mail collection service in the normal way whilst remaining a TalkTalk MailPlus subscriber

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel TalkTalk Mail Plus

To save TalkTalk emails from a limited TalkTalk Mail account to a Gmail account you will need to:

1. Download Thunderbird (or similar) email software
  2. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings
  3. Setup your Gmail account as an IMAP account in Thunderbird
  4. Save emails from TalkTalk Mail into a Gmail folder in Thunderbird

Download Thunderbird 

Enable IMAP in Gmail and Gmail settings in Thunderbird 

Set up Gmail in Thunderbird

Saving emails from TalkTalk Mail webmail

To save mail messages directly from TalkTalk Mail as eml files, that can be viewable in other email clients, proceed as follows:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

• Select a folder (in this example the Inbox)
  • Select a single email or multiple emails using the checkboxes
  • Select the More actions menu triple line toolbar icon
  • Select the Save as file menu item
    Select Save File from the File Manager window that opens
    If you selected a single mail message you'll save that as an eml file
    If you selected multiple mail messages you'll save that as a zip file containing multiple eml files
  • Select a folder on your device to save the mail message file(s)

Saving Emails 03August2021

NB Select all will by default select just the first 50 mail messages in the folder. Use the List view scroll bars to enable the selection of more messages.

Saving the emails to a Gmail account

• Open the saved zip file with File Explorer
  • Save the extracted email (eml) files to a folder
    This can be your backup email folder
  • Enable IMAP in your Gmail account settings
  • Setup your Gmail account as an IMAP account in Thunderbird
  • Drag and drop the email files to a Gmail folder in Thunderbird
  • That folder will automatically synchronise to your Gmail account

You've now copied mail messages to a backup email folder for safe keeping.  And copied those mail messages via Thunderbird synchronising the emails automatically to your Gmail account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

@rvl2197 Nothing heard for 2 hours so let me know your customer status and tell me if you have a Windows computer to use.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I'm guessing that you're not a TalkTalk Consumer customer and that because your mailbox is not linked to a customer MyAccount it's been limited to webmail access only?

This is why the collection by Gmail of your Inbox mail messages is not available. 

If you'd confirm then I'll follow up with a solution for you.