email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tinyworld email account lost?

Stewart16
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Hi Everybody

I recently received an email from talk talk to my tinyworld email account saying that I would need to link it to a talk talk broadband account otherwise it would be limited and then deleted. As talk talk are my current provider this should have been no problem. However as soon as I did link it, it stopped working either sending or receiving.

Thinking that the best course of action would  be to unlink and start again I may have inadvertently deleted the tiny world account not only from the talk talk mail account but completely deleted the whole thing.

As with many others, three hours of web chats and phone calls to talk talk have proved completely fruitless.

Is it possible to reactive the tiny world email address and how would I go about doing so?

This email address is the main one Ive used of more than 20 years so the consequences of not being able to access it again don't bear thinking about!!!!

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Stewart16, I'm sorry but unfortunately some of the information provided doesn't match that held on our systems. I've resent the link this time please answer the don't know the password questions so that you can provide alternate information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Hi Stewart16, I can take a look at the account situation for you. I've sent you a personal message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 9

I'll look forward to hearing from you/them

Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Don't give up hope just yet. And importantly don't remove the tinyworld account from your main TalkTalk Mail login. I've made a case for you on my escalation into the TalkTalk workflow.

TalkTalk Support will reply here next week. I'll keep an eye on what happens.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 9

Hi Gondola

Thanks for all your help even though the outcome is probably about as bad as it could be.

I notice other people are posting about not being able to delete an account  -  just point them in my direction and I'll sort them out, no problem 😀

Don't know whether you are paid by talk talk or not but you should be and if they did employ you their customer satisfaction rates would shoot up

Thanks again

Stewart16

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Hi Stewart16 

Sorry to have to confirm that a direct sign in via Google Chrome to the tinyworld email address giving the error message User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001) and the Forgotten password journey resulting in an error message "This email address has been permanently deleted on your request" both indicate, unfortunately, that the email address and mailbox are permanently deleted and are not recoverable or recreatable.

The TalkTalk Mail sign in to your other address where you had added the tinyworld email account will start displaying an error message top centre of screen that the added email account is disabled due to invalid credentials.  Don't do anything about that for the moment as it's going to be the only thing that for TalkTalk links you and your talktalk.net email account in your My Mailboxes list. They can use that as verification that you had the email address so may choose to allow the recreation of the tinyworld email address and get it added to your MyAccount. No promises, mind.

Hopefully you have your contacts list saved as a csv or vCard file or have the contacts in another Address Book either as part of your TalkTalk Mail other login or on email client software. As part of the upgrade from the former webmail platform to the new TalkTalk Mail platform you'd have been advised that the Address Book would need to be copied over manually or exported as a csv or vCard file and then imported to the TalkTalk Mail platform email account Address Book. So, just a case of seeing where the contacts list is and sending those contacts an update message.

If your contacts do mail you they'll get a bounceback indicating the tinyworld mailbox does not exist / mail is undeliverable so they'll probably try another way to contact you.

Stewart16
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Hi Gondola

Thanks for replying to my post and hopefully helping me to sort this.

Despite being a complete technophobe, in fairness to myself, I didn't know I needed your help as up until I registered the email address on talk talk mail it was working perfectly fine.

I'll respond to each of your suggestions in order if thats ok.

I've updated my profile as requested

The message from talk talk is as you described and arrived on 22/06/21

I followed the link on their email and linked the email address to my mail account as one of the 5 allowed on 09/07/21 having changed to a new password.

The following day realised that nothing was coming through on the tiny world address on any device so decided to unlink and try again later as I was about to go on holiday so was tight for time.

I've hit your link "sign into talk talk mail" which took me straight into my talk talk mail account where the tiny world address is listed but there is nothing in there.

If I try to log in directly from talk talk webmail via google I get a message "User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)"

I've tried the "Forgotten your Password?" link and unfortunately it's as you suspected and on step 1 of the reset your password page shows me "this email address has been permanently deleted on your request".

I don't remember seeing the page extract you've shown "Delete a mailbox" but probably thought at the time it just meant deleting it from the linked web mail account not from all my devices.

I assume from what you've said that there is no way of recovering this email account, but if you've got any tips on going about informing old contacts from the last 25 years of a new email address that would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Stewart16

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Stewart16 

I wish you'd come to us here for guidance so we could help you to safeguard your email address and get it working.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the tinyworld email address, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

If you had a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or permanent deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access. I assume that's the advice you had? When did the email arrive?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tinyworld email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.  Do you get signed in or is there an error message? Let us know of any error message.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email address and or mobile number can receive a password reset link or 6 digit code. Please try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.  Are you presented with a message indicating 'no domain' or 'deleted on your request' or do you get to see the password reset option(s)?

Provided the email address has not been permanently deleted then if you know the current email password you can add the email address in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount. The section to look at is Email not showing in My Account.

But if you have permanently deleted the email address even though there are warnings then I have some unwelcome news of an inability to recreate a permanently deleted email address. Did you see the warnings as shown below?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Delete a mailbox.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Confirmation of delete a mailbox.png

The only good news is that you can create up to 5 new talktalk.net email addresses in your MyAccount.