email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiscali.co.uk email address not working

maxf261161
Popular Poster
Message 23 of 23

Hi.  I have been trying to help my 95 year old cousin access her emails.   She is not a TalkTalk customer but has been using her tiscali.co.uk address for many years.  The last emails in her inbox are from Nov 2020.  In reading some articles online, it looks like the email address became inactive last year and I wonder if there is anything I can do to allow her to keep using the address and have access to her mailboxes.  Thanks very much for your help.  Max

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23
Hi Ady. I have just been logged on with Hilda and managed to get her to reply to your message. Note that she struggles with mobiles hence the vague reply re her number but if you need to call her on the landline, note that she has call protect active. Let me know if I can help. Thanks, Max
0 Likes

Message 2 of 23
Hi Ady. I'm sure you have picked it up but Hilda has sent a private message back. Thanks. Max
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi Hilda, sorry for the delay I've been on leave for a few days. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Re-escalated just to ensure Boudie is not overlooked. 

OCE_Ady hasn't been online recently and OCE_Chris has been working multiple forums including this email forum.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 23
Hi Gondola. We don't seem to have had any personal messages from the team as yet. Would you mind letting them know? Thanks. Max
0 Likes

Message 6 of 23
Hello. Following the previous messages, this is Hilda here and I look forward to hearing from the team via personal message.

Message 7 of 23
Thanks very much Gondola
Max

Message 8 of 23

Hi Max

TT Staff will enable PM'S for Hilda (boudie) but will respond here first and then send a PM. Please don't send any unsolicited PM'S. 

I'll alert TT Staff that Hilda is waiting so what she could do is post a short intro message here for TalkTalk to respond to. NB no personal data though. 

Message 9 of 23
Hi. We can't see any private messages when my cousin logs in. Do we need to send one first? Max
0 Likes

Message 10 of 23
Thanks very much Gondola, really appreciate your help. Max
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Max

I see the Username @Boudie just registered.

Authorised TT Staff will enable Personal Messaging and Hilda will then see an envelope icon by the avatar top right of this page when Boudie is signed in to Community.  The envelope icon takes her to Community Personal Messages.  If there's a message waiting there's a red circle with a white number indicating the number of messages incoming.

Just a heads up that the TT Staff member will ask personal data questions for verification.  Hilda should reply because she ought to know the answers. Advise her not to be tempted to guess because a verification fail will trigger a one week delay / require the CEO agents to be involved.

The TT Staff member will respond here in the first instance.

Message 12 of 23
Thanks Gondola. I have registered her with user name of Boudie. If you let me know how she can access the questions you will ask, I can guide her through it. Thanks for all your help. Max
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Max

Yes, the password recovery journey can be carried out by adding a password recovery alternate email address.  But only TalkTalk can do this if the user has forgotten the password. 

However, to achieve this, TalkTalk will need to verify Hilda by asking her to provide via Community Personal Messaging some personal data that must match the details held by TalkTalk for the initial registration of the email address.

This is why Hilda will need to register for this Community. If you would help Hilda to register that's the best way forward. 

Message 14 of 23
Hi Gondola. Thanks very much for getting back to us. Unfortunately, she has forgotten her password and that phone number is an old one. On top of that, she doesn't get a signal at her house. The odds are stacked against us! Is there any other way we can reset it in a secure way?
Thanks
Max
0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi Max

The tiscali email address is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

If the password is known to your cousin then she can sign in via an Internet browser.

Enter her tiscali email address and its password and select Sign in.

If she's forgotten the password or the password is weak and needs upgrading then password recovery is already set up to use a mobile 'phone number ending in 3805.  If that's a mobile 'phone in her possession and it's active and switched on then she can use the Forgotten password button either on the sign in page or in the help page Changing your email password to send a 6 digit reset code to authorise a password change.  Just make sure the password is strong and unique to the tiscali email address. I recommend 12 - 15 multicase letters and include at least one number and a symbol.

Let us know how she gets on.

Message 16 of 23

Hi Ady. Can I introduce you to my cousin, Hilda Findlay. eMail is *removed for security* If you let us know what information you need to validate this, we will be in touch. Max

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23
Thanks Ady, will give her a call and be in touch. Cheers Max
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Ideally, yes although in this instance she could join this thread to keep things tidy. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23
Thanks very much Ady. I don't have POA but can log onto her laptop so we could do it together. So does she just start a new post on this forum? Thanks, Max
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 23

Hi Max, it's great to hear that your 95 year old cousin is an email user and that she's still trying to use her tiscali email address. If you can add the affected email address to private notes in your community profile I can see what we're dealing with. Do you have POA for your cousin or is she ok to register on here and provide some security information if necessary? 

Ady

0 Likes