email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiscali email address not recognised?

Message 7 of 7

I tried to access my tiscali email, (for which I recently changed the password, and it worked then, so this is a development in the last few weeks).

Up came a message today that the email address was not recognised! 

I have had this email address for more years than I care to think of - it was my very first email address - more than 20 years ago. It is personal to me, and I'd like it back.

I don't use it that much, but it is the 'recovery' email for one of my other accounts, so a nuisance not to be able to access it.

How do I get the powers=that=be to 'unlock' my tiscali email address? 

I presume that 'tiscali' email addresses are no longer available to actually set up, since it is now 'talk talk', but I'd like to have it back again.

Advice please? Thanks, Tricia

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Tricia

Grateful thanks for taking time out to confirm the tiscali email is ok. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

All OK now, thanks. I had forgotten that there was a link on this email address.

That's me trying not to lose track of historical stuff. and possible important messages not being seen.

Thanks again

Tricia

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your prompt response to my question.

Happily, I have just checked again, and it is ok - it must have just been when they were 'working on the line' that I couldn't gain access to my email.

All appears OK now.

Thanks again

Tricia

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi whathappenedtotiscali, please post back as soon as you've added the information requested in Gondola's post. Are you aware that there's a mail forward on your account?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Tricia

There have been some intermittent issues with the email servers so you may have tried to login to collect your emails at a time when the server wasn't performing as fast as it should.

Have you tried again to login to TalkTalk Webmail?

If your login is still being rejected it may be because the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Have you previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email and mobile number? You could try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • For password reset requests, include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when available in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and they don't accept call backs)
  • Save changes

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes