email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiscali mail address woon't send mails

Message 25 of 25

I (used) to use windows mail for both my tiscali and talktalk mails .

Since the middle of the week I can no longer SEND mails.. both addresses receive mails as normal.

I checked the settings - POP3 and ports etc. - for both mails accounts, all correct nothing changed at my end.

I spoke with a young lady in ?South Africa? who tried to assist me but the fault still persists, she even had me send 'test' mails to both tiscali and talktalk from the webmail page.. the talktalk mail reply came straight back but still no sign of the tiscali reply hours later !

There is no doubt in my mind there is a fault with sending tiscali mails.

My windows mail outbox has a long queue of mails waiting to be processed whilst incoming arrive unhindered .

Any help / advice will be most gratefully received !

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

I see you're spamming multiple topics of other members 'TominLondon'. Wouldn't it be best to use your own topic? You know that TalkTalk will help only the topic owner. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 25

It's doing it again. As of now (1930, 08 March 2021) I cannot send any emails using MacMail.

I thought this was fixed?

It was fixed- but only for a few days.

Please try harder !

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi haggis in newcastle, TT have spent millions migrating the legacy email into the new platform. That would have been unnecessary if we wanted to turn off legacy mail we just would have announced that we were closing them down and then closed them. It would have cost us little or nothing to do that. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Don't worry about the seeming absence of the legacy mail domains. They're all included in the email security certificate and the SMTP server for TalkTalk.net is a permitted sender for all mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform regardless of the domain. 

There's no hidden agenda to cease any TalkTalk Mail email address. There's a definite need to get everyone using secure email and strong passwords, just as you now are, because that's keeping hackers at arms length from your personal email and password. 

And if you find the webmail advertising distracting you can get an advert blocker from the browser add-ons or extensions store.

Message 5 of 25

Windows live mail it was,  still beyond me how I could receive but not send, possibly just me being suspicious of TT --- or thick !

I have looked at the link you sent,  it only lists talktalk.net addresses.

May I ask what has happened to all the other domain addresses?  ie tiscali.

I still suspect TT is trying to clear out 'heritage' mail addresses by stealth .

Any way Tbirds is doing the trick for me just now and keeping me away from the webmail pages which are heavily infiltrated by adverts ... Aaaarg !

Thanks .

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

We don't know for sure but if you were using Windows Live Mail then that product is out of date and does not support the secure sending of mail as recommended by TalkTalk. 

But you're OK for emailing now because Thunderbird does support secure mail. 

The TalkTalk recommended email settings are: Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Message 7 of 25

Hi Gondola,

thanks again for your assistance.. I will allow it to time out naturally .

I still have not actually had an answer to my question though, was there a problem at your end Re Tiscali mails not sending ?  It all make me think there was but no-one is willing to admit it.

Your suggestion of changing to Tbirds is appreciated, we're getting there slowly, it is working and we're getting used to each other. I am managing to fine tune it to be how I prefer it .

Thanks .

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi haggis in newcastle 

You'd lodged the issue with the offshore team in Durban, SA. The email is a follow up to that contact. 

The 'phone number is genuine TalkTalk Customer Services. Free call from your TalkTalk home landline. 

As the issue is already resolved I'd say there's no need to call. Just let the complaint reference time-out. 

If there is anything unresolved then just let us know and let us know if you do refer back to the Customer Services team.

Is this OK with you? 

Message 9 of 25

Hi Ady,

thanks for reply.

I don't know if you can help me a wee bit further please ?

I have rec'd a mail from TT .  Apparently they have been "trying to contact me" Re mail problem -- I don't know when or how apart from in this forum ! -- and have included the following :

"Complaint number: CMP-87943.

Sorry for the problem you've had with our service. We have tried to contact you about your complaint. The outcome of our investigation is that we cannot resolve the issue without speaking to you. Please call us on 0345 172 0088 within the next 28 days or we will close your complaint."

Could you confirm this is a legitimate mail and phone number please . Also, will I be able to ring that number free of charge using my landline - I do not have calls on my contract, but, as it is a 'free' number and is a TT number can I call it without charge ?

I ask because I have had several scam/phishing mails and calls recently.

Thanks again,  much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. I'm afraid without having hands on your device it's almost impossible to tell why Windows mail messed up. It could be that it was corrupted and believe it or not like all software it can and does get corrupted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 25

Hello,  yes,  Thunderbird appears to functioning as I would wish .

As yet noone has explained why Windows mail would receive however not send mails.

Any one got any ideas please ?  

I don't think I will revert to windows mail as I've spent so much time setting up Tbirds, just curious especially as TalkTalk have recently admitted having problems with Email service.. are the two events connected?

Any way,  thanks to all who have made an input to my problem, it is appreciated .

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

And is your mail working normally once setup on Thunderbird?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

To be brief.. I'm not .

Have had to download new mail client as I find using talktalk web mail intolerable, I am so used to the design of Windows mail page I can't abide all the adverts which are on talktalk page.... sorry, I know it all makes money for you but it drives me nuts ! !

I appreciated the help offered from Gondola but I'm no further forwards with live mail so have basically given up on it . 

Perhaps you could tell me why I could still receive mails but not send.

It's all too complicated for an old codger like me but it seems if it works one way and not the other it appears to be a fault at your end not mine ?

I am in the process of transferring data from Windows to Thunderbird - which was the system suggested by Gondola - the process is a pain in the derriere but I'll get there.... eventually !

I await your reply Re the one way defect .   Thanks  .

Message 14 of 25

Hi Haggis, please let us know how you're getting on. 

Ady

Message 15 of 25

Apologies I thought I had told you I'm on Win7 ... you tell so many people things you lose track of who knows what,  my mistake .

Yes,  windows live mail . Still able to receive incoming but still no outgoing.. someone somewhere knows why !

A friend suggested mailbird but I believe that is a subscription service.. and I'm a tight old git on a pension, so that's a non-starter !

Thunderbird seems a very likely candidate, thanks .  I assume as you have suggested it that it works Ok with Win7 and Edge / Firefox ?  I'll not hold you responsible if it all goes belly up, honest!

I'll have a good look at it later today.. other duties beckon right now, well, she who must be obayed is .

Thanks again for all your assistance and tolerance of this old dinosaur,  much appreciated .

Haggis.

Message 16 of 25

I knew you were not using Windows 10. You've now revealed you're using Windows 7 and therefore I assume Windows Live Mail from Windows Essentials.

Both operating system and email client mentioned are unsupported products. 

You should use TalkTalk Mail webmail via Edge or an up to date email client like Thunderbird. 

Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Message 17 of 25

That is what was happening a few days ago and again today.. TT test message responded immediately however the tiscali test message still, even from days ago, has yet to respond .

I can't understand why the tiscali test message will not come back, even from webmail page, unless there is a defect in the system .

It won't work from a TT webpage so what chance have I got of getting it to work from a mail client page .

Thanks for the idiots guide to screendumps but this idiot can't get that to work without revealing loads of personal info which we are not allowed / supposed to do in a public place . So.. you'll have to get the polishing cloths out I'm afraid... lol !

As you already know I'm using Win7 professional . A combination of Edge (Beta) and also sometimes Firefox browsers in use . 

Any other info you require shout out,  I really do appreciate your persistance, however think it's maybe time someone from TT boffins department contributed .  As I said previously I'm sure someone there knows what's going on,  some change has been activated 'behind the scenes' .

Thanks Gondola

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

This guide may help: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html

The auto response from the TalkTalk test is working. 

The tiscali test address is valid but does not auto respond. 

You can use the TalkTalk test-mail@talktalk.net for tiscali

Unless we can see what you see set up in Windows Mail it's a case of getting the Gondola crystal ball repolished.

Which operating system are you using?

Message 19 of 25

Morning,

I have checked all the ticky boxes and everything else is as it should be .

I'm not too sure how to provide screen dump of info you seem to be needing to see so will steer clear of making that mistake !

Yesterday I resent the test messages (from the webpage) to the tiscali and talktalk addresses.. same result as a couple of days ago.. no sign of tiscali acknowledgement.  I would be very interested if you have an explination for that please .

I am becoming more and more of the opinion that TT is trying closure by stealth of older prehistoric addresses, I stand to be corrected of course, I do hope I am wrong !

I'm sure someone somewhere in the TalkTalk organisation knows what is going on .

Any further assistance you, or anyone else, can offer will be most gratefully received,  having to use webmail pages for emails is driving me insane, they are SO primative.. we are supposed to be moving forwards and using webpages for mails is horrible .

Help !

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi haggis in newcastle 

If the email account is set up as POP3 then it cannot be changed to IMAP. 

No reason you cannot keep the POP3 account if you wish.

The email settings you've copied and pasted can be misleading as the descriptions don't necessarily match up to those used in email clients.  For example, Windows Mail just has tick boxes (as shown) for Use SSL for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Outlook 2019 has SSL/TLS for the incoming server  and STARTTLS for the outgoing server.  In this respect both tiscali and talktalk email addresses have the identical requirements.

This is why I like to see screenshots of what's actually present.