email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tiscali mail address woon't send mails

Message 25 of 25

I (used) to use windows mail for both my tiscali and talktalk mails .

Since the middle of the week I can no longer SEND mails.. both addresses receive mails as normal.

I checked the settings - POP3 and ports etc. - for both mails accounts, all correct nothing changed at my end.

I spoke with a young lady in ?South Africa? who tried to assist me but the fault still persists, she even had me send 'test' mails to both tiscali and talktalk from the webmail page.. the talktalk mail reply came straight back but still no sign of the tiscali reply hours later !

There is no doubt in my mind there is a fault with sending tiscali mails.

My windows mail outbox has a long queue of mails waiting to be processed whilst incoming arrive unhindered .

Any help / advice will be most gratefully received !

24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

thank you, however you seem to be hoping the addresses are IMAP . they both show as POP3 and the settings are as showing on the mail settings page .   

Can I just alter the servers to IMAP?  I thought that caused problems.. could be wrong.. willing to be corrected .

settings are as listed under POP3 in both cases :

Account Type IMAP (recommended) POP3 
Incoming mail serverimap.talktalk.netmail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port993995
Incoming SSLYesYes
Outgoing mail serversmtp.talktalk.netsmtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port587587
Outgoing START/TLSYesYes
Outgoing AuthenticationYesYes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)  POP3  
Incoming mail serverimap.tiscali.co.ukpop.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port993995
Incoming SSLYesYes
Outgoing mail serversmtp.tiscali.co.uksmtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port587587
Outgoing SSLYesYes
Outgoing AuthenticationYesYes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to call it a night for now,  the boss is home and demanding my attention !

Will catch up tomorrow . thanks for assistance so far, much obliged .

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi haggis in newcastle 

It's actually the SSL/TLS security settings that are key.

But it's difficult when I cannot see what you've got set up. All I can do is show you the Windows Mail settings screenshot for talktalk.net and an IMAP email account.

A tiscali email address and password will actually work with these settings as the talktalk servers are permitted servers for tiscali and vice versa.

Windows Mail server settings talktalk.net

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 23 of 25

Hi Gondola,  thanks for reply .

when I spoke with the girl in SA she had me send test messages from webmail page :

one to talktalk -  test-mail@talktalk.net  -  that prompted an instant response of " message rec'd etc etc. "

one to tiscali  -  smctest@tiscali.co.uk  -  that one did not reply.. and still hasn't .

My windows mail settings are correct as far as I can see :  

pop.tiscali.co.uk

port 995 incoming

port 587 outgoing

----------------------------

talktalk settings are

mail.talktalk.net

port 995 incoming

port 587 outgoing

-----------------------------

It seems as though the windows mail is just not being polled for new mails, but, how does that explain the lack of reply when test message sent from webmail page ???  

There seems to be a fault with tiscali mail addresses... also my windows outbox is full of mails waiting to go.... all very confusing for an old codger like me !

The young lady in SA suggested I update my windows to Win10... just like that, I wish I had the money !

No I don't.. I've heard Win10 is crap.. my brother updated to 10 a while ago and has regretted it ever since.. better the devil you know .

Thanks again for assistance .

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Hi @haggis in newcastle 

Enter your tiscali email address, select Continue.

Enter your tiscali email password, select Sign in.

Do you get signed in OK?

Compose and send the same tiscali mailbox address a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any send error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

What server settings have you got set in Windows Mail?  A screenshot is the easiest way to illustrate.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution