email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toucansurf domain name is no longer supported by talktalk?

john-ym
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

I need to reset my recovery email so I can reset my password but I have been told by online chat that this is not possible as talktalk are no longer supporting the toucansurf domain name. Is this true? Is there a way round this problem, so I can keep the email address that I have had for many many years?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Grateful thanks for the feedback john-ym. The TalkTalk team supporting our Community are the very best. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

john-ym
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 11

This is now sorted. Thank you Ady and Gondola for your help. I had communicated with two people on online chat, neither of whom were able to sort this problem.

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for confirming the information. I've raised the request for your details to be updated. This should complete within 24 hours. You can check when it's done by going to password reset tool intermittently throughout the day. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 11

Hi john-ym, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

john-ym
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 11

Hi Ady.

I have updated my community profile to give the information as requested by Gondola.  Do I need to action anything else?

Message 6 of 11

Hi john-ym, please let us know how you are getting on.

Ady

Message 7 of 11

Hi john-ym 

If you're signed in to the working toucansurf mailbox via the webmail sign in then before you can try to sign in to the other toucansurf mailbox you need to sign out using the sign out icon top right.

Sign out.png

Then, if you know the password for the other toucansurf email address you can sign in:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter the other full TalkTalk Mail toucansurf email address and its password, select Sign in.

But if that gets you nowhere other than knowing the password is incorrect, then, the normal password recovery journey is needed. However, you're indicating that the only option presented is to send a password reset to the mailbox you cannot access and that just means there is no linked password recovery.  I'll ask TalkTalk to set up new Reset details for you.

A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the other toucansurf email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

john-ym
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 11

I have tried what you suggest many times. Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree. I have two toucansurf email addresses, one I can access the other i can't.  Are both addresses supposed to be on the same webpage, or do I log in separately with a different password? If the later is the case then the password I have is rejected and the recovery email is the same as the email I can't access.  Changing the recovery email in the accessable email makes no difference to the recovery email address I am offered when trying to reset my password.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi john-ym, Gondola has given you all the information you need. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi john-ym 

The toucansurf.com domain is a legacy domain managed by TalkTalk. The mailbox for an active toucansurf.com email address will be on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail toucansurf email address and its password, select Sign in.

If you're getting signed in then go to the main menu and make sure your password recovery Reset details are up to date. Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Check, update and Save the Reset details if needed, then use the Reset your password now button in the help page  Changing your email password.

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know what happens.

If you are not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox will be limited to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then you must add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount* to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days from the first mail message notification from TalkTalk the mailbox is limited or restricted to webmail only access.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

0 Likes