email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toucansurf legacy email

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 33 of 33

I have an old toucansurf account and from today the receiving POP3 account credentials on my Outlook client account no longer work.

I am unable to log in to this account via the TalkTalk webmail page.

Any ideas how I can access the server to change settings?

I am assuming this has occurred due to a change by TalkTalk in how they manage the legacy toucansurf.com accounts.  

Chris
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

Hi civory, I've sent you a personal message to get the necessary security information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 22 of 33

Hi Christine

I'd escalated a request for you direct into the TalkTalk workflow so a TT Staff member will respond to you right here and action the request.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 33

Gondola your help is much appreciated.  Do you think I need to contact Talktalk directly to get some action on accessing my account?

Chris
0 Likes

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 33

Many thanks.  I've updated my personal information as you suggested with details of the account that needs a password reset in the private notes section.  

Chris
0 Likes

Message 25 of 33

Hi civory 

OK, the password may have been reset by the system because it was found to be weak. That's the best outcome and I'll advise TalkTalk that you don't have password Reset details set up so they'll need to add those for you so you can upgrade the mailbox password.  I recommend a 12-15 character password made up of multiple words using multicase letters and numbers and an added symbol. 

The not so good outcome would be that the mailbox has been compromised because someone has discovered or guessed the password. In that case if you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 26 of 33

Thanks again for suggestions.

I can't log in to TalkTalk mail with the account credentials as it says the password is incorrect.

Sending emails to the account appears successful and no bounceback occurs, but when trying to 'send and receive' messages in Outlook, the POP3.toucansurf.com connection fails due to incorrect login credentials.  

Chris
0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

...ah, now you're saying you can send mail messages just not receive them. So that's a different ball game.

"civory" wrote:...Sorry should also have said, the account can successfully send emails, but not receive them.

Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

If using email software or mobile email apps, check for software updates and if the email account is set for IMAP or POP3. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting those messages from the online Inbox.

Message 28 of 33

Hi civory 

I've removed the image from your post and moved it to your Community Hidden album because the email address was shown.

There are no password recovery Reset details set up for the toucansurf email address.

Do you remember the password? Can you sign in to the mailbox?

Enter your toucansurf email address, select Continue.

Enter your toucansurf email password, select Sign in.

If you can then Update your reset details is an option via the main settings menu.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

If not, I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the toucansurf email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 29 of 33

Sorry should also have said, the account can successfully send emails, but not receive them.

Chris
0 Likes

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 33

And just to confirm, I don't get a bounceback when I send an email to the toucansurf.com address.

Chris
0 Likes

civory
Conversation Starter
Message 31 of 33

Thank you Gondola.

I found the account under Manage Talktalk Mail; and it looked like a successful password update but higher up the page was an error message stating the address or password was invalid.

I used the verifier you suggested and it gave me this result:-

So I'm guessing because the original password does not comply with the requirements of at least 8 characters etc.etc. then maybe I can't change it through that method?

Chris
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 32 of 33

Hi @civory 

There's no recent changes that I'm aware of.

Enter your toucansurf email address, select Continue.

Enter your toucansurf email password, select Sign in.

All toucansurf email accounts belonging to TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customers that were added to a customer MyAccount in the My Mailboxes list should have been upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform some time ago.  So long as you've signed in to the mailbox in the last 180 days the mailbox should still be active.

So, the first thing is to check your MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Select My Services from the toolbar and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop down list.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Is the toucansurf mailbox address listed?

Select the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password.  Do you see an error message in a box or do you get offered password reset options. If you've forgotten the password or it's been reset or changed then you'll need to see password reset options of your password recovery alternate email address and or mobile 'phone number.

Tell us what you see. If you happen to get an error message then the next step is to see if the email address is active. Enter the toucansurf email address at this site, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Verify button.  Does that indicate Deliverable or something else?

If it doesn't indicate deliverable then send the toucansurf email address a mail message and see if you get a prompt bounceback of undeliverable (or unavailable or suspended) and if so let us know the full error message.