email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

un-link two email accounts

stevens46r
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

I have two email accounts, one TT and an old ukgateway.

On my email dashboard I clicked the "add email account" link, but I find that the incoming messages are now linked, seen by both accounts, which I DON'T WANT!

I'd prefer two separate log-ins

So HOW do I separate the two - WITHOUT deleting either?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you so much for your appreciation. I would be happy to provide guides / FAQ if I'm asked.

In the meantime marking the 'best answer' or 'solved' does help others to find a solution. I cannot mark my post as solved so it's up to the TalkTalk Support team to consider if my post is worth adding to the Community Best Answers.

Thank you again ☺️

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

stevens46r
Team Player
Message 2 of 5

Yes, that all made sense and worked fine for me. Would be better if your explanation was a permanent FAQ or a pop-up on the accounts page. A good explanation, so many thanks. Please mark as solved (link in Gondola message inoperative for me)

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi stevens46r, please let us know if following Gondola's advice helps get this sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi stevens46r 

If I understand correctly you've got the primary login as the talktalk.net account and you've added the ukgateway account to that login and you now see mail messages for both arriving in the one Inbox at the top of the standard folders. If that's the case then you've selected the Unified Inbox that combines the accounts together as a virtual Inbox for display purposes. The mailboxes are still separate entities.

So to separate the display Inboxes or remove the effect of the Unified Inbox:

• Select the main menu (triple lines top right header - desktop browser)
  • Select Settings
  • Select Accounts in the left side panel
  • Select Edit
  • Untick 'Use Unified Mail for this account'
  • Select Save
  • Repeat from selecting Edit for the other account

That will now separate the mail messages into their separate Inboxes and you'll see the secondary added email accounts with their Inboxes immediately below the Add email account link in the folder view. i.e. you're taking advantage of the single login but still able to see the primary and secondary email accounts as separate Inboxes.

If you wish to completely remove the secondary added email account from the primary login then:

• Select the main menu (triple lines top right header - desktop browser)
  • Select Settings
  • Select Accounts in the left side panel
  • Select the dustbin/trash icon at the end of the secondary account row
  • The background will change to red
  • Select Delete account

Note that this does not delete the actual email account mailbox but just deletes or removes the secondary account from the primary account login. It simply reverses the effect of using the Add email account link.

To login to the now separate accounts you'll need to log out of one account (sign out icon top right of the blue header) and sign in to the other account.

To be honest, this is tedious and I have all my mail accounts on the one login but not as Unified accounts just viewed as primary and secondary accounts with separate folders but viewable on the one login.

When you have the accounts all on the one login you can send mail from either account by selecting the drop down arrow at the end of the From line when you compose a mail message. So, one login, and read and send mail from either mailbox.

If you have any queries or concerns or I've not fully understood how you wish to work with your mail accounts then just let me know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution