email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change upgraded toucansurf email password

windowsblue
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Have added upgraded toucansurf email address to my talktalk account and am unable to change password 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

I'm sorry this hasn't been sorted I've chased this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 16

HI Ady
Have tried to change password a few times but still unable to update it

regards
windowsblue

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16
HI Ady
Have tried to change password a few times but still unable to update it

regards
windowsblue
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi windowsblue, thanks for confirming the security information. I've raised the fault ticket for you. The email team will take a day or two to get this fixed for you. Please chase me on Monday if you've not got it working. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

hi Ady

mobile account no is 05355221 and digits are 8388 

thanks

windowsblue

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Thanks for providing the information. Unfortunately, you don't currently have a mobile number assigned to the account. Please provide the last 4 digits of the normal payment method so that we can complete verification.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi windowsblue, I've sent you a personal message so that we can get the reset details changed for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Ady

Fogot to tell u that this email address has been hacked before so loads of people have accessed it with the original password thats why i need to change it ASAP.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Ady

Have tried to change my password via my talktalk email account and also tried to do it saying i fogot the password and a ref was sent to my phone.

I used that referance number chaged password system said updated tried to log in with new password no access used original password access granted have tried several times with no sucess.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

So when you go to the reset tool you are getting the information through to either your chosen mobile or alternate email and it appears to change the password, you get confirmation that the password has changed, but the new password never takes effect? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

hi Ady

yes the information I have given is as it it is unable to change password.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi windowsblue, let us know if it's as Gondola has asked and if it is we'll need to get a ticket raised.

Ady

Message 13 of 16

Hi windowsblue 

If you're seeing this message but the login to TalkTalk Mail isn't accepting the new password but is still accepting the old password then that needs a fault ticket for TalkTalk to investigate for you. There's a disconnect between the MyAccount and TalkTalk Mail authentication system.

Mailbox password was updated

I'll request help from TalkTalk.  To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the toucansurf.com email address and then save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 14 of 16

Hi

yes have added toucan surf email address into mt talktalk email accounts no problem there but have gone the procedure to change password more than six times and system says updated but access still stays on the original password the new password does not work

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @windowsblue 

Just to clarify, is it the customer MyAccount that you've added the toucansurf email address to? If so, what error response do you get when selecting the Change password button and entering the current toucansurf email password that you also used when adding the toucansurf email to MyAccount?  You may need to wait 5 minutes or thereabouts to allow time for the authentication to update the added email address.

You can also change email password via the Forgotten password button so long as you've set up Reset details for password recovery.  All the advice on changing password is in the Help article.

If you need to change the password for an added email account in TalkTalk Mail, a secondary email account that's added to your TalkTalk Mail primary mailbox, then you'll find all Accounts and Edit functions via the Main Settings menu > Settings menu item > Accounts (left side panel). Selecting Edit for the secondary email account will bring up the account details including the password box to enter a new password. Select Save.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer