email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web mail wifes email address vanished

M0FCG
Chat Champion
Message 19 of 19

hi all, thought i best talk on here as trying to talk to someone in chat is daft same answers, right last friday my wife said that she had not recieved any email from work to her talktalk address which shes had for a few years, i logged on to web mail and only saw my email address, i even made her a new one and the password won't work ive tried to locate where my wifes email as gone said to talktalk to sort it out soon as she uses her email for work, with out shes stuck, its not there told talktalk that i had made a new email for my wife to put her on with but that one does not work either weid, must be at talk talks end, i tried manually to sign in and it said i had the wrong password, makes me think that talktalk has been hacked, they carnt lose a email thats been on there for 15 years since we were on lineone.net.

all im getting off talk talk is its 98% fixed and im getting texts telling me to try it but not fixed yet im at a loss whats going off, any body any ideas?

i came on here a few months back to sort my speed out and talktalk did it very pleased, its one thing after another lol.

mike 

Mike
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Aescalapius,

if you still need assistance can you please start you own thread and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

hi just go and make your self a blog up and put it in and keep on at them, i do work for offcom and threatend talktalk with them as i was getting no where with talktalk but they have been really good.

mike

heres the letter from above 

I have the exact problem cited by Mike above. My wife's email address and password have not been recognised since the 11th April 2018. This just happened suddenly from working well the day before.  She has had this account for over 10 years. Same experience with Mike re. the unproductive people on "Chat" (all 9 of them in 3 depth.  and 7.5 hours on the phone ! !). The issue was supposed to have been escalated and she has received 3 texts to ask if the problem has been fixed. Unfortunately it has not.

Just to add that I cannot see her address as one of the 5  in "My Account". The ONLY address I can see is my own.

Please help as there are photos, documents and above all, concert tickets.

Thanks in advance. d. c.

Mike
0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Dear Mike,

As a Newbie, I just replied to your messaget thinking this is the easiest way for Ady to see my problem since it is the same as yours. 

This does not seem to be the case so can you kindly copy my text and send it back to me so that I don't have to type it all again for the tech people. 

Many Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

I have the exact problem cited by Mike above. My wife's email address and password have not been recognised since the 11th April 2018. This just happened suddenly from working well the day before.  She has had this account for over 10 years. Same experience with Mike re. the unproductive people on "Chat" (all 9 of them in 3 depth.  and 7.5 hours on the phone ! !). The issue was supposed to have been escalated and she has received 3 texts to ask if the problem has been fixed. Unfortunately it has not.

Just to add that I cannot see her address as one of the 5  in "My Account". The ONLY address I can see is my own.

Please help as there are photos, documents and above all, concert tickets.

Thanks in advance. d. c.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Just come off the phone with talktalk they have now got my wifes original email back thank you to who ever had the brains to do this, just hope by doing this its not messed up me trying to use web mail. i can not thank you enough TALKTALK keep seeing bad reports about you but youve done me proud and got my wifes work email back, i think its important to say that i have been intouch with you every step of the way when this problem started and youve kept intouch and told me what you were going to try next.

heres hopeing you will get a better faster fibre connection soon we like gaming and 76mbps is not fast enough.

mike 

Mike
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Thanks for clarifying Mike, I've been able to access the mailbox you've created and a test one that I created on your account. I'm going to get the ticket raised to have your wife's email recreated. You'll get notifications by text message. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Still can not get into the email I have tried to make for my wife invalid email or password, why can not I just give the email to you and password and you do it at your end as every time I try I get no where, its a joke
MIKE 

Mike
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

my wife as lost a main talktalk email address which she as had for about 13 years its not in web mail at all vanished, i made her a new email which ive said what it was and i can not get into to use that, im not going to keep making a email in web mail if they dont bloody work tried to reset password does not let me in.

mike 

ps her email is for work and we are on 3 weeks into this and youve still not solved it, my email works but on the odd time ive logged in for talktalk to say my password is wrong which i know is wrong.

mike 

Mike
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 19

Am I understanding you right, you don't care about the missing email address she just wants a TalkTalk email address and that's it? If it is it takes less than 2 minutes to create an email address in MyAccount. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

hi, re web mail i only use web mail on windows 7 on my pc my wifes laptop went down a couple of weeks ago not sure why but tried to set her up on webmail found out that her email address is not there any more, so i picked another one put that on there and i can not get into that one either talk talk said they were on it but not heard anything back from them at all, told them my wife needs a emwe ail address for college work, but they are not bothered, unless we stop paying them then we get email, its not on ive told about 8 diffrent people the same thing im sick of talking to people who don't know nothing or just know a little, its fustrating trying to get to the bottom of this.

my wife was useing outlook 2016 i think on her pc, but shes not got a laptop yet she uses my pc to go on gmail but wanted a talktalk one.

so can you help ?

mike 

ps all ready wrote a email to offcom and which to complain about your service, twice ive had people in talktalk chat just leave me hanging as if i havnt got better things to do.

mike 

Mike
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Mike please tell me that your wife uses a mail client. I may be able to get the mailbox reactivated, but it will be like new and that means empty. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Mike thanks for adding that. That email address isn't showing in the email database. Was it in MyAccount and apart from you does anyone else have MyAccount access in your home? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

done what you asked me in private notes 

mike

Mike
0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Mike, could you add your wife's missing email address to the private notes section of your community profile. Once you have post back and I'll see what's happened. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

BIG THANK YOU not getting where with chat on talktalk help 

mike

Mike
0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Mike

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team and an OCE will respond to you right here to help you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

hi,  the one im trying to get back is not in there at all it was obscured for customer securitytalktalk.net ive set up a temp email obscured for customer securitytalktalk.net but that wont work either says wrong password can you reset it for me so she can use that its really important for her workim wondering if my account as been hacked now as her address is not in the web mail list and when i try to put it in it says "this email address is not recconised or the given email is not available please use any of the surjested email addresses, please help????

mike

Mike
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Mike

Tomorrow, after 8am

If you log in to your MyAccount and then:

• Click on My Services
  • Click Manage Webmail
  • Is your wife's email address listed there as one of the 5 addresses?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes