email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 11 and office 2019

keitht1958
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

windows 11 pro and outlook 2019

email constantly keeps asking me for password when it tries to send mail

i have uninstalled office 2019

tried new profile and checked email settings are correct as from talktalk email settings 

i have tried changing my password at

both of these still say incorrect password i have also tried   https://login.live.com also tried   https://login.live.com  (talktalk website) and   apps.talktalk.co.uk  talktalk webmail

my email settings are mail  mail.talktalk.net  hotmail password and user as talktalk.net

also removed all office credentials in credential manager

tried pop3 and imap

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

keitht1958
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

solved it went to talktalk webmail changed password then i could read webmail

went to outlook entered same password and success it worked

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Hi keitht1958 

Don't forget to let us know if you cannot sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail but if you can, how you get on with setting up Outlook 2019.

If webmail is working but you're confused about the settings for Outlook 2019 then take screenshots of the incoming / outgoing and advanced settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your TalkTalk email address, then upload and insert those screenshots here using the camera icon (picture icon if using a mobile browser) above this Reply area.  I'll take a look and help you to get Outlook working.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi keitht1958 

To use TalkTalk email you use the TalkTalk email address as the Username and the TalkTalk email password to authenticate the sign in.

First, check that you do know the current TalkTalk email password by signing in to your TalkTalk mailbox.

Open an Internet browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk email address and the TalkTalk email password, select Sign in.  Do you see your mailbox folders or do you get a password incorrect error?

If you get signed in then remember the TalkTalk email password.

The manual / advanced settings for Outlook 2019 and a TalkTalk email account using IMAP are:

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username Full TalkTalk email address
Password TalkTalk email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Tick
Authentication Method Normal Password
(Do not tick Use SPA)

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

@keitht1958, if you need help from TT staff, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. They use this to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

They'll pick up your thread during the day. 

I'll remove the duplicate you posted. Please just follow up on this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.